Platinum!

longtrip

What 'should' you receive when you reach a milestone (cruising on my 34th Carnival Cruise on the Glory in September) and are in fact Australia's most prolific cruiser (my 47th as part of Carnival Corporation)?:)

Banned again? (just kidding). :p

I see you are trying to get that Glory Eastern finally done. (I was on the Feb 05 sailing with you).

Does Carnival have this anywhere on their website? It is while you are on your 10th cruise not after your 10th ( like NCL).

The Fascination ( a last minute Thanksgiving decision for our family) will be my 10th, but I will really enjoy the perks on the Freedom in February!

Thanks everyone- GREAT to know. I love the laundry perk!

Does Carnival have this anywhere on their website? It is while you are on your 10th cruise not after your 10th ( like NCL).

The Fascination ( a last minute Thanksgiving decision for our family) will be my 10th, but I will really enjoy the perks on the Freedom in February!

Thanks everyone- GREAT to know. I love the laundry perk!

Platinum takes place on your 10th cruise.

I kind of wish that they would do 10 cruises, or 70 days.

The last two cruises I took were 12 days, but they only count as one cruise each.

If I keep doing the European Itineraries it will take me a while.

Ah, but balance it out with some two-fers, foursomes, and fivesomes, it'll all average out.

I don't know if I would do that. Seems to be a bit too short for a vacation for me. I suppose if I wanted to spend a week in Florida, followed by a short 3 - 4 day cruise, then it would make sense.

I actually think that even the 7 day cruises are too short. I like the 12 days.

Platinum has been in existence since 2005. Seems like we just missed the beginning of it when we were on our 11th cruise...although we had a gold card for that one I was disappointed it wasn't Platinum. (But at least I do have a gold card souvenier!) It wasn't a mater of a month before we started hearing about people who had actually received some or all of the benefits of Platinum. It's been a nice addition. Each port and ship are a bit different. Tampa had our luggage separated from the rest...that ws nice. Here's the list:

Platinum (starting on your 10th cruise):

1. VIP Check In (used to be called the Skippers Club).

2, Priority tendering (just show them your platinum card. ……..no need for tender tickets.

3. Free wash and fold laundry service

4. Personalized stationary.

5. Canapés and Petit fours on formal nights.

6. Free $20 entry fee into the slots or blackjack tournament.

7. Priority debarkation (complete with a room to wait in with coffee and Danish).

8. Free Tote Bag

We were just Platinum on out Liberty cruise last month. The room we waited in was the Venetian showroom. Coffee and danish was in the buffett.:D

I like that perk too. I also heard about if your platinum you don't need a tender ticket? I don't know if thats true, I have never had to get a tender ticket yet.

This one was true. As I posted on another thread it came complete with dirty looks and snide remarks.

Bill

Hey Pete, I have a question nobody ever asks..... For Platinum priority debarkation must you wake up at the crack of dawn and be able to get off the ship before the self assist'ers do ? Or can you leave the ship as late as 11:00am and still be put at the front of the line ??

VIP embarkation and debarkation.

Best thing since I started cruising!

Hey Pete, I have a question nobody ever asks..... For Platinum priority debarkation must you wake up at the crack of dawn and be able to get off the ship before the self assist'ers do ? Or can you leave the ship as late as 11:00am and still be put at the front of the line ??

That would be quite the Platinum perk staying on the ship after everyone left.

When you become Platinum and begin getting the "perks", do these also extend to your cabinmate, or you alone. For example, I sometimes cruise with my husband and sometimes with friends. I will become Platinum before any of them. So, will whomever I am cruising with be allowe to embark/debark or have priority tendering with me, or will I have to do this alone and then wait on them to go through the regular way???

VIP= crack of dawn. :(

We were given 2 times, one for self debark, and one for assist, with VIP tags, if we chose that.

Self assist was requested to meet at 7:15, and assist was at 8:15.

Or, we could have gone off with the masses.

Not in NY, thank you!

BamaCruiser20.....

When you become Platinum and begin getting the "perks", do these also extend to your cabinmate, or you alone. For example, I sometimes cruise with my husband and sometimes with friends. I will become Platinum before any of them. So, will whomever I am cruising with be allowe to embark/debark or have priority tendering with me, or will I have to do this alone and then wait on them to go through the regular way???

If there is anyone in your cabin who happens to have Platinum status, then he or she can join you to embark (VIP Check In) / disembark or tender off the ship! Another great perk is of course the "Free wash and fold laundry service" - which you arrange for your cabin mates to place under YOUR name and have it done! You also can partake in the canapés and Petit fours on formal nights (delivered to your cabin).

Hope this assists everyone!!:)

P.S. big_duck........"I see you are trying to get that Glory Eastern finally done. (I was on the Feb 05 sailing with you)."

Oh HELL yes.....THAT was some Eastern NON CARIBBEAN cruise!!! For those interested, the Glory's propulsion broke down and instead of cruising to Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten, we had an extended stay in Nassau and cruised around in circles throughout the Bahamas and ended up in Freeport and Key West! :mad:

Oh HELL yes.....THAT was some Eastern NON CARIBBEAN cruise!!! For those interested, the Glory's propulsion broke down and instead of cruising to Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten, we had an extended stay in Nassau and cruised around in circles throughout the Bahamas and ended up in Freeport and Key West! :mad:[/color]

Off the topic I need to know - even though I know the cruise company has the right to change the itinerary - did Carnival compensate you?

Off the topic I need to know - even though I know the cruise company has the right to change the itinerary - did Carnival compensate you?

Yes, OBC for that trip, and later a further OBC on a future cruise.

The cruise wasn't that bad - it was all the whining.

• 1 year later...
BamaCruiser20.....

If there is anyone in your cabin who happens to have Platinum status, then he or she can join you to embark (VIP Check In) / disembark or tender off the ship! Another great perk is of course the "Free wash and fold laundry service" - which you arrange for your cabin mates to place under YOUR name and have it done! You also can partake in the canapés and Petit fours on formal nights (delivered to your cabin).

What if my cabin mate is NOT VIP yet. Can he/she still join me?

You become Platinum on your tenth cruise. My favorite perk is the free laundry service too however I do enjoy bypassing the line to board the ship!:)

Those are my favorites also including the Platinum Concierge line at the Pursers Deck, no more waiting in long lines :D

Fred

What if my cabin mate is NOT VIP yet. Can he/she still join me?

Yes all in your cabin can join you. They will not get the stationary, carnival gift, entry into the tournament but can join you on embarkation, debarkation, tendering, vip galley tour and eat your canapes.

What 'should' you receive when you reach a milestone (cruising on my 34th Carnival Cruise on the Glory in September) and are in fact Australia's most prolific cruiser (my 47th as part of Carnival Corporation)?:)

I don't know. Let's see. . . How about complementary sail away bubbles, a funny hat, priorty seating in the piano bar, and. . . oh yeah! free cruise fair for kangaroos! :D

Had the pleasure of sailing with you on the Triumph back in 04. Glad to see you're still sailing.

Are they still passing out the thermos as your platinum gift?..I already have a couple and am sailing 4 weeks from today on the Spirit...The stationary is great for writing letters to Carnival, my DW used it once and got a prompt response...........Dennis

Archived