Coral World and Coki Beach

charlies_mom

We are leaving in two weeks(!!!!) on Freedom of the Seas. I just read all about Coral World and Coki Beach. Looks perfect for our family.

I am adamant about using car seats and will have one with us. I am kind of overwhelmed with the planning that is necessary. Can you help me?

1) Will we be able to find a taxi right off the ship that has seatbelts to use with it?

2) Do you think that there will be a place to leave it when we get to Coral World? Like a coat check or something?

3) How much will it cost/how long will it take to get there?

thank you sooooo much in advance!

Almost all of the taxis you will see when you get off the ship are open air taxis with no seatbelts (there actually plastic molded seats that sit on top of the bed of a pick-up truck. However, there are usually van taxi that you can find that have seat belts.

Its been several years ago, but I think it took about 20-30 minutes to get to Coral World due to stopping at other stops (we were in the open taxi which held about 30 people, so we stopped a good bit.

They did have lockers for rent, but I don't think they would have been large enough for a car seat--you may want to e-mail Coral World to see if they have alternate arrangments.

It cost us $7 per person each way to take the taxi (but this was 2002). By the way, we loved our day at Coral World/Coki

We were at Coral World and Coki Beach in June! It is absolutely beautiful. Our taxi, whic was a van, was 9 dollars each way per person, it took about 20-30 minutes to get there. Coral World has a website www.coralworldvi.com. they have contact information, you might be able to email them about the car seat, and also a coupon for a couple of dollars off admission. Hope you have as great time as we did on our visit!

Archived