Help - My Daughter has decided on a cruise wedding - would like to hear experiences!

Ok, now that I have your attention - I'm actually thrilled that my daughter wants to get married on a cruise ship and she's narrowed it down to either the Crown Princess or the Grand Princess.

While I would prefer feedback from those who have had Princess Cruise Line weddings, I'll take any advice from those who had weddings on any cruise line.

Thanks.

My wedding was on Carnival, but on a general note, one thing I did that was enormously helpful was keep all my wedding-related material and correspondence in a three-ring binder. Up front was my checklist and copies of any contracts, along with contact names, numbers and notes. Middle sections included items associated with our guest lists and responses, ceremony/vows and the reception, documentation for our cruise (which included cruising guests for whom we purchased cabins), purchases such as dresses, rings, favors, etc., and a spreadsheet on which we kept track of mailings to guests, who responded, and who sent gifts. Having all of my wedding information in one easily transportable place proved handy time and again. It proved especially helpful when we ran into a mini-crisis on our wedding day, when someone did not appear on our cruise line's guest list who I KNEW I had included on the faxed list. I whipped out my "book," produced the list I had faxed along with my confirming email about the number of guests, and they took it from there and got my guest on the ship. Maybe I am as anal as some of my family likes to joke about me, but my wedding was very stress-free as weddings go, and I like to think it was partly because I was organized. :) I used to be an event planner, so my background dictated this approach, which may not be for you or your daughter. There's no one right way to go about a wedding!

Best of luck on your daughter's cruise wedding. If it's anything like mine, it's going to be great fun from start to finish!

My daughter was married aboard the Grand Princess in April. It was wonderful and I did a very, very lengthy review which I posted in 4 parts. Just do a search on this forum and type in "Grand Princess Wedding" and they will come up. Feel free to e-mail me any questions or if you'd like a link to the photos. My address is below.

Diver Gal that is some really great advice! You have inspired me to purchase a 3-ring binder! ;)

I read that advice from someone else (can't remember who!) a while back when I first joined CC. I had to LOL because I had already been doing exactly that! I have one for the wedding and one for the cruise part (receipts, excursion confirmations, etc..). I thought I was just anally retentive but I guess I'm not the only one! :D

Archived