Addicted to Ross!! who else a favorite store where you buy almost everything??

We have a Neiman Marcus 'Last Call' and "Off Saks" nearby. I find some great shoe bargains there! :D I found a great pair of Christian Louboutin espradilles at 'Last Call'.:D

Great Find! Congrats!

My Mother shops at a Last Call in Florida and has gotten a few pairs of Manolo Blahnik's there for incredible prices. And his shoes are so classic in style, it doesn't matter if they're from last season.

Yesterday I went to TJ Maxx and Stein Mart. I didn't stay in either too long. TJ Maxx is nice for handbags and stuff but I just don't have the patience to look through all of the stuff that they have there. I do like Kohl's though.

We have a Ross and TJ Max xright next to each other. I visit them regularly. Maxx is a little cleaner. I really like going to Talbot's outlet when I visit my daughter in Lexington. I usually find some real good deals there.

I saw your post and I thought "we do too". I looked at your location realized they are the same stores. I live over in Adairsville and shop in Rome quite frequently.

I guess the actual Ross stores are just as hit or miss as the merchandise. The local Ross here is ALWAYS neat and tidy, have never seen it messy.

Seems like there's always at least one person keeping it that way.

I can't deal with Ross for everyday stuff -- too many choices (although my teen daughter loves it).

But for formalwear: BINGO! They have a good selection and oh my, the prices! I got my last formal dress for $25. (And my clutch also, which was really a $4 fake-satin cosmetic bag. Was it gorgeous? No. Was it good enough? Yep!)

It's starting to sound like that it is a management effort, some stores are better managed and neater than others.

Just because I was at the market last night (in the same parking lot as TJ Maxx) I went in and the very first item I saw was a gorgeous Tumi carry on, a beautiful beige with a gold tone trim, I'd never seen it before. Even though it was a great buy, I don't need another carry on (darn). I saw another Italian leather carry on (I swore I would remember the name, but no), half price it was $299, I had to leave the store I loved it so much :eek:

They had quite a few Italian leather handbags, I didn't recognize all the brands, but I did recognize the quality. I can spend forever in handbag departments. My husband cracks up when we pass through handbags in Nordies and all the sales clerks there (and in cosmetics) know me by first name ;) .

• 2 weeks later...
I hate Ross!! Ours is like shopping at a garage sale! I once was looking thru all the crap in there and came across a pair of levi jeans for like $12 but the tag said "slightly used". What?:eek: I have never been back. Now my sister goes to the one near her a few towns over and she has good luck. Go figure. I seem to get most of my stuff at Cato's and JCPenneys. I have am going to Steinmart for my next cruise.:)

I'm with you girl--- our Ross is comparable to a garage sale. My favorite shopping venue is any boutique with a sale in progress.

My sister took me to a Beall's Outlet when I came to see her in Daytona Beach, FL. I LOVED that store so much. We were there until they closed and I filled up a punch card ($200) the first day (Monday) and my husband got the 15% discount. Then we went back on Friday so I could get the discount and I bought so much it was over the maximum number of items the register could handle! :eek: They had to make it two transactions! I needed to buy another suitcase to get everything home! I bought a work blouse for $.40, several pair of Worthington work pants for $7.99 (all before the discount). When I returned home, I found they have stores in Arizona! :) I had never heard of them before my sister told me about them. I've gone a few times here in Arizona and got blazers for work for $4.99 and many other great deals! Beall's Outlet is definitely my favorite discount store!

Where is the Beall's Outlet in Arizona? I think I need to head over that way :D

Every night before I go to bed, I pray Nordstroms puts a Rack in Raleigh, NC. They are my absolute favorite.:D:p

I like Off 5th. I'm on their email list and I just wait for the 25% and 30% coupons to arrive and then I do my shopping there. It makes it affordable and I am able to keep high quality pieces that last for years in my closet.

I also love Banana Republic and Ann Taylor Loft, but the stuff at regular Ann Taylor is too formal since I work for a very casual software company. I have a BR card and shop with it for myself and then use my rewards cards to get my little boys clothes at the Gap.

Our TJ Maxx and Ross are OK but I don't really like them. When I lived in Illinois, I lived near 1 of the Runway TJ Maxx and they had much higher end stuff. Since none of the ones near me are Runway, they just don't have the selection. I will use them about once a season to get a couple novelty fashion tops that I think will only be stylish for a season or 2 so I can spend my money on the classic pieces I will have for years.

If you are patient and like to shop online, Bloomingdales has some great sales as well as Nieman Marcus. My recent find at Bloomingdales was a navy/cream tweed wool/silk blazer for $35 (originally $169)

I'm with you girl--- our Ross is comparable to a garage sale. My favorite shopping venue is any boutique with a sale in progress.

Thanks wierd how a store in one location, can be so different in another. I never had problems at our Ross in Philly (center city). As I said before, I don't go in the afternoons. Always in the morning, however, their selections are great, and I have found sooo many clothes and nice house items too.

Every night before I go to bed, I pray Nordstroms puts a Rack in Raleigh, NC. They are my absolute favorite.:D:p

I like Off 5th. I'm on their email list and I just wait for the 25% and 30% coupons to arrive and then I do my shopping there. It makes it affordable and I am able to keep high quality pieces that last for years in my closet.

I like our 'Off 5th' for shoes, as well as Neiman Marcus's "Last Call" store.

Our Nordstrom Rack is always such a mess to find stuff. If you don't mind digging, or crowds, it's a good place to go.

But, I wish here in Northern California we had at "Filene's Basement". If you want some great deals on designer duds, and shoes--this place beats all. :D (I have been to the two in downtown Chicago--State St and Michigan Ave).

I've bought a few things from Ross...it's okay. Bealls is my store of choice. More than once I've gone to work wearing an entire Beall's outfit - lingerie, shirt, capris, watch, jewelry, and shoes or sandals. I don't do it on purpose, so to speak, it's just that they have the types of things I like, and at decent prices - especially when they have sale days !!

We have a Bealls here but I have never found anything worth buying-it seems to me just to be another "Big Lots", all cheap junk here.

The ones closest to me are in Surprise, Sun City and Sun City West. We came across one in Quartzsite on the way home from San Diego. Go to their website www.beallsoutlet.com and click on store locations to see if there are any closer to you. I hope you enjoy as much as I do!

Cayce

The ones closest to me are in Surprise, Sun City and Sun City West. We came across one in Quartzsite on the way home from San Diego. Go to their website www.beallsoutlet.com and click on store locations to see if there are any closer to you. I hope you enjoy as much as I do!

Cayce

Cayce

Thanks for the info. Those are the closest ones to me. I am about 83rd Ave and Cactus. Thanks I will try them out. Need to get some clothes for the cruise for the son and I. :D

Hip hip hooray -- the 75% off sale begins at Talbot's outlet tomorrow. I shop at the one in Park Ridge, IL. Just about every piece of sportswear I've worn on cruises has come from Talbots. Their clothes fit me and many come in petities -- I'm not petite in width, just in height.

Archived