Crown Princess cabin query

LefseLady

1. My husband and I have only cruised on Royal Caibbean before, but are considering making a booking on Crown Princess. I have read that some balconies are not covered. We would really like a covered balcony. Do any of the mini-suite balconies have this feature? I see there are four categories of mini-suites. Anyone know?

2. To get my husband to switch from RCI, what should I entice him with? What does Princess do better than RCI?

Thanks! :)

The standard balconies are fully covered on all decks except Caribe deck which has balconies that are twice as large as the other balconies but are half-covered and half-uncovered. For the standard balcony rooms I recommend Caribe deck.

For the mini suites I recommend Emerald deck because they are the only mini suites that have fully covered balconies. However, there are only a handful of Emerald deck mini suites so you have to book early to get one of those cabins.

I haven't sailed RCI so I cannot compare the two lines, but I think you will like Princess.

Thanks for the info. Aaron, by Emerald aft, do you mean they are overlooking the wake, or just that they are near the aft? I think we will go for those provided they aren't right at the rear.

We are looking at Spring Break 2009, which is waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of the crowd. I teach, so am locked into certain travel dates. Should be able to get one of those mini-suites this far ahead. Thanks so much!

Thanks for the info. Aaron, by Emerald aft, do you mean they are overlooking the wake, or just that they are near the aft? I think we will go for those provided they aren't right at the rear.

We are looking at Spring Break 2009, which is waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of the crowd. I teach, so am locked into certain travel dates. Should be able to get one of those mini-suites this far ahead. Thanks so much!

They are the last cabins on each side aft. The aft cabins are suites and two balcony cabins. Here is link to a picture of the deck plan for the Caribbean Princess which is the same configuration.

http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/emeraldAws.html

Archived