Gifts & Gear Orders...

Is it necessary to do any follow ups to make sure that everything is okay with the order for our sail away goodies? The email says they would contact me if there are any problems. I just didn't know how reliable the services is...

I ordered wine and strawberries to be delivered on the first day of our cruise...how do I know what time it will arrive? It never specified timing on the order form.

Is it necessary to do any follow ups to make sure that everything is okay with the order for our sail away goodies? The email says they would contact me if there are any problems. I just didn't know how reliable the services is...

I ordered wine and strawberries to be delivered on the first day of our cruise...how do I know what time it will arrive? It never specified timing on the order form.

Hey there, chicagojayhawk.

I just did the same for my DH and myself for our cruise in just a few days. I had actually ordered a wine and cheese platter for last year's cruise, as well, and it was in our cabin upon our arrival without a hitch. I don't think you'll have any problems. Enjoy! :)

Melinda

Just wanted to chime in, I have ordered from Gifts and Gear on all three of my cruises and never had to confirm. Everything was waiting in the cabin for us upon arrival. Have a great cruise :)

We also had the same great experience with goods we ordered to be delivered to the staterooms, and the wine for the dining room, purchased by us and also sent by friends. Everything went smoothly.

Don't worry and enjoy!

On our cruise in January I ordered 2 birthday cakes for 2 different birthdays prior to our cruise. I was traveling with my sister and two other groups. Her husband ordered her flowers also. None of it was received and the orders were all placed seperately. After the flowers were not received at embarkation, I assumed the order did not go through. I asked the room attendent and he stated there weren't any flower orders for our cabin. (My sister was unaware of the surprise) I was really upset when her husband called me at our second port to inform me his credit card had been charged for the flowers. When we boarded I went to guest services and they said.... TOO BAD, SOOO SAD! We called Miami and they said there is NO such order. The Day prior to the birthday cakes I asked our Head Waiter about the cakes. He told me NO cake orders either. And then went on to inform me, that travel agents make all kinds of promises that are never kept, maybe I needed a new one. I went on to inform him, That I was the Travel Agent and I had ordered the cakes and the order was placed and received. I then went to guest services and informed them that I was a little ANGRY as I ALWAYS use the online order to order my clients gifts and often you don't hear back from people, so maybe my clients weren't receiving their gifts either. Well, it was TOO BAD, SOOOOO SAD once again. We didn't get the cakes, but gosh they brought desserts to dinner with a candle in it. I then got home and found MY Credit card had been charged for both cakes also. When I called to try and get my money back, no one could give me an explanation as to what happened to the order, except that the orders were received and charged, they don't know what the ship did with them. And maybe I should call and place the orders instead of ordering them online. I also contacted my District Sales Manager to let her know that the explanation from the Head Waiter was completely unacceptable. How an employee on the ship could blame the travel agent for their mistakes is beyond me. I did eventually get them to credit back my credit card as well as my Brother In Laws. And from now on I will print a copy of my confirmation and take it with me to verify the order was placed.

smiles Patty

Most of the time they're very good with placing the orders. Occassionally they -- or the ship -- don't communicate properly causing the order not to be delivered--

I suggest you contact them and have them email you confirmation of your order-- this way in the event it's not delivered you can take the confirmation to Guest Relations and get what you ordered.

Archived