My Crown review 7/5 - 7/14

crissyp

Jck...regarding the speciality restaurants, it was not just me that was not really impressed with the food, we were with a group of 19. The ambiance of each restaurant was beautiful and the service was outstanding!

Sabatini's...all the tasting was fun, and I probably tried things I would not usually try. Some alittle to rich for my taste..but the main entree's were nothing spectacular. I had ordered the chilean sea bass, and though it was very uncooked and very fishy. Can't remember what everyone else ordered, but they said it was just ok, and thought some of the dining room dinners were compatible.

Sterlings.... Steaks were good, but we had also ordered the lobster tail for $9.00 extra pp. They were so salty, they were not edible. The entire table told the waiter and they took them back and took them off the bill.

We are not complainers, but felt the chef should know that someone really messed up back there in the kitchen with the seasoning of the split/grilled lobster talls...YUCK! :eek:

Sorry, hope if you try it you'll enjoy them more than we did.

Crissy

Did the ship dock right in Old San Juan or did you have to take a cab??? Could you walk to town in StThomas??? We enjoy walking...

We had Sarge on our trip last year on the Crown..he's a riot!!! Saw him also on our Alaska cruise a few years back on the Coral...

thanks...

Did the ship dock right in Old San Juan or did you have to take a cab??? Could you walk to town in StThomas??? We enjoy walking...

The ship does dock right in Old San Juan and everything is just a few minute walk.

St. Thomas I highly recommend taking a cab. The shopping area is a distance away (a lot further than a nice walk). The cabs are $4 per person each way.

yep...docked right in Old San Juan... after coming back to the ship after the beach, we walked right into Old San Juan.

St. Thomas...took a cab into town, less than a 10 minute ride, I think it would be a hike if you decided to walk...remember, we dock in Crown Bay and not Havensight.

Crissy

I walked into St Thomas and it took about 40 minutes at a pleasant stroll. I did it once in the morning just after docking, which was wonderful and then did it on another occasion at 1pm which was a mistake - I was melting by the time I got to town.

Archived