Which One?

coolredmoose

First time snorkeling..NCL/POA cruise 8-11-07...Which snorkel excursion would be best...

Molokini Crator Snorkel

Dolphin Snorkel Catamaran Sail

Body Glove Snorkel

Black Sand Snorkel and Beach

Captain Zodiac Raft and Snorkel

Tough choice. All those excursions include snorkeling in addition to a very different element.

Molokini Crator Snorkel -- Signature dive/snorkel site in Maui, but it is only snorkeling. Good if you are serious about snorkeling as your primary interest.

Dolphin Snorkel Catamaran Sail -- don't know about the quality of the snorkeling and I'm sure that getting to see dolphins isn't guarranteed although it is cool to see them in the wild.

Body Glove Snorkel -- again, don't know about the quality of the snorkeling. MY impression of the Body Glove trip is more of a play in the water kind of adventure with some snorkeling thrown it. Probably popular with families, so you might want to avoid it if you want to avoid kids.

Black Sand Snorkel and Beach -- Black sand beach=really cool, but the snorkeling is likely to be a little less exciting than Molokini.

Normally I don't comment on snorkel trips, especially the ship's excursions. Something made me do it this one time. :)

I think the majority of the members here on CC try to do private tours if possible to get smaller groups and for often a lower cost. Be sure to check the Ports of Call section for more info.

Captain Zodiac Raft and Snorkel

The only one of the above I have done was the Molokini snorkel trip. This was some years ago, and we booked it before our cruise through a tour operator that is no longer around. The snorkeling was AWESOME! There was eight in our group, and we had the place to ourselves in the early AM........

Archived