Victory - Bahamas

gzusnme

I have read many posts on the Victory. I can't recall much about the Carribean sailings. Any one had positive experiences going South? I will be sailing Oct. 7th and trying to figure out what clothes to pack and excursions to take. Thanks for the advanced info! :)

We were on the June 3 sailing to the Bahamas and had a great time. Embarkation was delayed due to bad weather, but we were through the lines in less than 10 minutes. We had been on the Victory before, so were familiar with the decor and the lay-out of the ship, and had no problems at all. Our cabin was clean and with the x-tra large balcony, we loved it. We ate in the dining room every night and had excellent food and service each time. My sister and I did tea twice in the Ionian lounge(cigar bar) and enjoyed it very much. When we got to Nassau, we decide to get a day pass at the British Colonial Hilton. For $15 you get the use of the pool, beach, chairs and towels. There's also a nice tiki bar with food and drinks. Since we were 4 hours late arriving, we didn't have time to do any sightseeing. If you go to the Bahamas board, you'll find all kinds of information about excursions, beaches, hotels, Atlantis and anything else you might have questions about. In Freeport, we decided just to go to the shops at the pier. But afterward, we wished we had taken a taxi into Freeport to the International Market and to the beach. It's supposed to be beautiful there. Back to the ship. I didn't see any of the shows, but my sister liked the one she went to. My husband and BIL loved the 24 hr. soft serve ice cream machine. And if you get the chance, go to the Gala Midnight Buffet. It's really amazing. We really loved this ship and the crew. Everyone we came in contact with were very friendly and helpful. I hope you have just as great a time as we did. Happy Cruising!:)

I was on the Victory in May and went to the Bahamas. We went all the way into Freeport and did the shopping thing at the straw market in town and the glass bottom boat ride ( well worth the money). I did some browsing at the straw market in Nassau but did a self booked dolphin encounter ( cheaper than Carnival). My daughter and I had a blast with the dolphins. My review of the Victory is on this board and it is very positive. I would sail on her again. Have fun on your cruise.:D

We were on the June 3 sailing to the Bahamas and had a great time. Embarkation was delayed due to bad weather, but we were through the lines in less than 10 minutes. We had been on the Victory before, so were familiar with the decor and the lay-out of the ship, and had no problems at all. Our cabin was clean and with the x-tra large balcony, we loved it. We ate in the dining room every night and had excellent food and service each time. My sister and I did tea twice in the Ionian lounge(cigar bar) and enjoyed it very much. When we got to Nassau, we decide to get a day pass at the British Colonial Hilton. For $15 you get the use of the pool, beach, chairs and towels. There's also a nice tiki bar with food and drinks. Since we were 4 hours late arriving, we didn't have time to do any sightseeing. If you go to the Bahamas board, you'll find all kinds of information about excursions, beaches, hotels, Atlantis and anything else you might have questions about. In Freeport, we decided just to go to the shops at the pier. But afterward, we wished we had taken a taxi into Freeport to the International Market and to the beach. It's supposed to be beautiful there. Back to the ship. I didn't see any of the shows, but my sister liked the one she went to. My husband and BIL loved the 24 hr. soft serve ice cream machine. And if you get the chance, go to the Gala Midnight Buffet. It's really amazing. We really loved this ship and the crew. Everyone we came in contact with were very friendly and helpful. I hope you have just as great a time as we did. Happy Cruising!:)

Thank you so much for this information. I will certainly put it to good use on my cruise planning. I am glad that you had a wonderful time. I am really excited and I hope to keep this momentum going.

I was on the Victory in May and went to the Bahamas. We went all the way into Freeport and did the shopping thing at the straw market in town and the glass bottom boat ride ( well worth the money). I did some browsing at the straw market in Nassau but did a self booked dolphin encounter ( cheaper than Carnival). My daughter and I had a blast with the dolphins. My review of the Victory is on this board and it is very positive. I would sail on her again. Have fun on your cruise.:D

Your review was very helpful. I look forward to cruising the victory!

We are booked to sail on the Victory in November - Western Caribbean. We previously sailed on her in July 2005 - Eastern Caribbean. Where in the Caribbean are you going?

This trip we are doing the Bahamas, but next year we will be doing the eastern carribean cruise. I am hooked before I sail.

You're welcome! And if you havn't already, check out the Bahamas board. There's a ton of information there and people are very helpful, especially scubagirl. She can answer any question you might have. Hope you have a great vacation.:)

Archived