Nassau Stingray Question

Steveinmiss

Are there Stingray tour vendors available when you get off the boat so you don't have to use the cruise ship vendor? In the Cayman Islands, we booked through the cruise line and there were tons of local vendors at about half the cost who went to the same exact Stingray island. I also heard a rumor from my sister in law today that Royal Caribbean cancelled the Stingray excursion while we'll be in Nassau on 8/8/07. Can anybody confirm this? Finally how is the Stingray adventure in Nassau? The one in the Caymans was one of the most fun things we've ever done on a vacation. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Steveinmiss:

I wish I had an answer to your questions but I have been laying back wanting the same information. This thread on the Bahamas is certainly not as active as others I have been involved with. I am going with my daughter to Nassau on August 4 and we want to do snorkeling and or swim with the sting rays. I too did a tour in the Cayman Islands which we enjoyed very much. I was thinking about Blackbeards but am almost afraid that it will be nothing but wall to wall people. I would like something like that but maybe not so commercialized. Would love further information on local vendors and not so much booking through the boat. Hopefully somebody will have more information for us. Hope you have a good cruise!

Wendy

Groveland, FL :rolleyes:

Are there Stingray tour vendors available when you get off the boat so you don't have to use the cruise ship vendor? In the Cayman Islands, we booked through the cruise line and there were tons of local vendors at about half the cost who went to the same exact Stingray island. I also heard a rumor from my sister in law today that Royal Caribbean cancelled the Stingray excursion while we'll be in Nassau on 8/8/07. Can anybody confirm this? Finally how is the Stingray adventure in Nassau? The one in the Caymans was one of the most fun things we've ever done on a vacation. Thanks in advance for your replies.

The Stingrays at Blackbeards and Pearl Island are both mainly cruise tours. The only vendors that go there are the same vendors the cruise ships use. (you'd just be joining fellow cruisers on the same boats).

The stingrays are in large pens on the island. NOT in the wild. They are debarbed and very friendly. You're in shallow (knee deep) water most of the time..

The Yellowbird and Majestic Lady both go to Blackbeards.. you can check available dates with Majestic directly

www.majesticholidays.com

Archived