Do you return items after finding something you like better, or do you keep it?

..... and I could not get the free shipping like I usually do, so lets hope it looks good when it arrives!!!

Hope you like the items you bought.

BTW, in case you're not already familiar with this website, www.promocodes.com is great and will always let you know which online shopping sites have deals - either a percentage off or free shipping. Whenever I shop online, I always look there before hitting the "buy" button.

You wouldn't think buying golf balls would be so tough but it is!!

Oy! You have no idea all the conversations I had with golfers in the store. The sales person at Nike couldn't offer an educated opinion, so overhearing my ignorance of the entire game of golf, I was immediately surrounded by nice guys, all golfers, who were asking me questions about my friend's level of play, his height, weight, etc. LOL! It was better than a singles bar! I'm married and not interested, but I'm telling all my single girlfriends to head to the golf dept of the sporting goods store and pretend they need to buy a gift. Cute guys came out of the woodwork to help me shop! LOL!!!

I only use pink pinnacle balls with the breast cancer ribbon on them but my daughter in law always gets me some other brand for gifts. I will use them but only for tough water shots that I don't mind if the balls land in the drink!!!

My mother loves to golf and uses pink Pinnacle golf balls. She also wouldn't mind if they land in a drink! :)

BTW, the party was a roaring success and my friend loved the new golf balls. He told me I bought the best ones possible and he truly appreciated it. That's a hole- in-one in my book! :D

Love the bag, but for various other purposes than a carry-on. My idea of the perfect "carry-on" bag has to be on wheels. Ruined my shoulder slinging heavy bags over it and needed surgery eventually...so no more. The wheeled bags are so easy to live with. My favorite is the Tutto wheeled carryon. It moves back and forth so it goes in any direction you want it to.

The question about returns: It will go back if it's defective or doesn't match something it was supposed to coordinate with. Otherwise, I don't buy clothing that I'm not in love with, but I do try everything on in the store to make sure of the fit before bringing it home. Previously, a lot of stuff I bought went back because I wouldn't be sure, but now I always ask myself: Is this something in which I look great and can't do without? Otherwise, it stays on the rack in the store. This question has saved me from a lot of needless purchases and time spent returning things. It also cuts down on clothes which just hang around in my closet that I seldom wear.

Love the bag, but for various other purposes than a carry-on. My idea of the perfect "carry-on" bag has to be on wheels. Ruined my shoulder slinging heavy bags over it and needed surgery eventually...so no more.quote]

As a rule, my carryons are never heavy. Most of the time I only have in them what I would carry in my handbag, with a little extra; magazines or a book, snacks, and my camera and depending on the location, a change of clothing, but its never more than I can carry. My checked luggage is on wheels.

Oh how I wish my carry-on bag would stay light, but somehow it doesn't. Because of the new TSA rules, some of the stuff I would normally put in the carry-on, goes into the checked bag. But it turns into a juggling act! If the checked bag is getting too heavy, I'll put some heavier items into the carry on...like the magazines I love to go through on trips.

Keep it light and protect your shoulder. Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

I hate returning things I ordered online or by mail. It's not as big of a deal if returning to a store I frequent. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood to try things on.

Having worked in retail for almost 5 years (many moons ago), the sales people LOVE customers who keep their receipts. I was amazed at the masses who don't. Since, returning policies of most stores have changed and are much mroe stringent. And count me among those of you who don't shop at stores with good return policies (never shop the ones who only issue store credits or don't accept returns).

I really hate shopping and I hate returning even more because it means another trip to the store!

However, I have ordered online and the item wasn't up to par so it went back.

When shopping in a store, I'll try things on and sometimes I've regretted the purchase once I'm home for a variety of reasons. I have a handful of things that should have been returned but still sit in drawers and closets.

I'm probably 50/50...

So I try to figure out why I would rush back to a store (last week) to return $30 worth of "bad" seafood, yet keep a $300 dress that I may never wear!!!

So I try to figure out why I would rush back to a store (last week) to return $30 worth of "bad" seafood, yet keep a $300 dress that I may never wear!!!

Elementary m'dear.

The seafood was "bad". Whether the store accidently let something get sold past it's expiration date or the quality control person was asleep at the wheel, you feel that you were "cheated". And rightfully so.

The $300. dress was not misprepresented in any way. The store did nothing "wrong". You just can't decide if you really want it or not.

Those are v-e-r-y different circumstances so I think your course of action is quite logical.

My method of shopping for DH and DS is shop, buy more than needed, then return what they don't want. Most of the time I don't mind and it is definitely easier than taking either one of them on a shopping trip.

If I buy something for myself and it isn't right, I don't hesitate to return it. This is the main reason I prefer to shop in person or online with stores nearby where I can make a return.

Elementary m'dear.

The seafood was "bad". Whether the store accidently let something get sold past it's expiration date or the quality control person was asleep at the wheel, you feel that you were "cheated". And rightfully so.

The $300. dress was not misprepresented in any way. The store did nothing "wrong". You just can't decide if you really want it or not.

Those are v-e-r-y different circumstances so I think your course of action is quite logical.

Yes, returning the food was logical, especially since it was dinner for that night!!

The island of misfit clothing purchases await an occasion to be worn!!! (LOL)

Archived