Mariner of the Sea

We are looking at booking for next June on a 7 night. Just got back this past June from Carnival Inspiration to Grand Cayman. Had a GREAT time. Any reviews on this ship. Good or bad. Want to know it. Is it a good ship if you have teens? Any fun activities on board? Appreciate the input of this board. It heped tremendously on our cruise on Carnival.:D

Mariner is an excellent choice, especially with teens (I have two). There's rock climbing, roller blading, ice skating, mini golf, basketball and so much more to keep them busy.

The ship is beautiful, and very easy to navigate your way around. Service is outstanding, and the crew on this particular ship are especially friendly and helpful because the wonderful captain commandsinspires this kind of performance from them.

You will no regrets taking your family on Mariner.

Mariner is a wonderful ship. We have sailed on her twice, and are heading out for number three in six weeks!

Here is a link to the review section of Cruise Critic. You'll find dozens and dozens of reviews, plus some ideas for excursions and activities.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=274

Thanks...that's great to know. By that time my two teens will be 16(f) and 14 (m). They got a little bored on the Inspiration. They weren't real thrilled with Camp Carnival and Club o2.

That's how old my daughters are now. They were bored to tears on Carnival Miracle three years ago, but found plenty to positively occupy themselves with on Mariner and the other Voyager-class ships we've been on. We also liked the lay-out and decor of RCI ships much better than the Carnival, and service on Carnival paled in comparison.

We are going with our 16 yer old daughter. She was 14 the last time we went on the Mariner. We have also been on Carnival, although not on the ship you were on. She had more fun the Mariner. She ice skated and met many new friends.

We were on Mariner last June with our sons (18 and 14) and our daughter(16). The two younger ones went to the youth program on the first night and the 14-year-old got in a huge group of kids that hung out all week long. Our daughter is a little more shy and preferred to hang out with her brothers most of the cruise. But no one was bored! They golfed, climbed, swam, skated and played all week long, alone as well as in groups. There were many fun teen things going on all of the time. The Mariner is a wonderful ship and we thoroughly enjoyed everything. You won't be disappointed.

Hey 62Cruiser:

We keep returning to the Mariner because of the Teen offerings aboard that ship! The Mariner has much available for ALL age groups.

We sailed the Radiance of the Seas this past December and quickly found out how much MORE the Voyager class size (Mariner, etc.) offers for teens. My son liked the Radiance (loved the self-levelling pool tables!) but overall missed the Teen Scene and spaciousness of area offered on the Mariner.

Here's a link to Kids Compass (daily activities sheet) to give you and your teens an idea of the types of things teens do aboard a Voyager class ship.

When you click the link, select Explorer 9/2006 and you will find the Daily Compass for the Adults and also the Kids Compass. There is a typo for the Teen age groups. The Navigators are ages 12-14 and Guests are ages 15-17. The link states Guests are 13-15 and that is an error.

http://www.cafekarina.org/compasses/

Here's a website that offers photos of the common areas and various stateroom categories aboard the Mariner.

http://www.virtualtoursusa.com/marinerseas.htm

And finally, here's a link to some of my Mariner photos. You will find TONS of Mariner photos on Flickr, Webshots, Photobucket, and other photo websites.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40631118@N00

You have made a wonderful choice and your family will have the BEST time!

Enjoy!

Rose

You know your children are having fun when you barely see anything of them throughout the whole vacation.

I can say that applies to me, since I only saw my teenage daughter on three occasions: dinner, excursions, and bedtime.

We just returned from the Mariner on 7/15. We have a 14 yr old son and 9 year old daughter and they had a blast. They loved the rock climbing wall, by the end of the cruise, our son, who had never climbed before, was easily scaling the the advanced side. Also, there is a wonderful ,but expensive arcade (we were on the Miracle as well and this arcade is four times the size). There is also a teen nightclub where they make smoothies and other non-alcoholic drinks and have various events. Our kids also loved Johnny Rockets and we even took them one night to Chops which they really loved. Mini golf, teen kayak excursionss, ice skating, I could go on and on. Our teen son said it was the best vacation of his life and the best cruise ever (he has been on several cruises).

MOS is my favorite ship too, it just got in a couple of hours ago. I always get up on Sunday early to watch it arrive and turn around. This morning there is no wind and I can easily hear the gong going off and some of the announcements. I can't believe it will be leaving here. I'm going again in Sept. then maybe a couple more times before she leaves.

Archived