Need advice re:price drop

Just wondering....what is the best way to make sure you get an upgrade or a credit should the fare drop. A buddy told me he booked with Carnival on line but called for some details and the girl told him she would flag his booking should there be a price drop.

I'm asking because Carnival is having a big one day sale this Thurs. for sailings through Dec. of 2008. Thanks for any advice..

Sorry, you will have to be proactive on that one.

Sales are for new bookings only, you will have to call and convince some one to give you the credit.

I called twice and the first two responses were "new booking's only"..............the third call I asked to speak to a supervisor....that Carnival rep asked me what the problem was and to let him see if he could do anything about it.

I told him I booked a year in advance to get certain cabins and that no special rates were available....and I wouldn't be penalized for booking early considering that someone could book that day and get a better deal. Within minutes he switched it over......months later past guest came out, then Military and then Military friend family.............I use that same Carnival guy for everything now.

Well that's it. I mean you can cancel anytime up to final payment time and you could re-book..I suppose. They know this so what the heck. My pal had no problem with this girl at Carnival and put 8 of us at the same table...We're talking 4-13-08...Conquest.

Like BigDuck says..Be proactive,,,I'll keep an eye peeled and call in when I see a drop. I appreciate your reply.

Guest nhrich
Sorry, you will have to be proactive on that one.

Sales are for new bookings only, you will have to call and convince some one to give you the credit.

Not only for new bookings only, but it's not usually a price drop, just a cabin upgrade. BTW, the "one-day" sale already started.

Just a word of caution: If you cancel, and then rebook, they don't always consider you a 'new booking', since technically you're not. We tried that once upon a time, and if it hadn't been for my best friend TA, we would have lost our past guest discount and upgrades.

Archived