Spoke to Koo Hook/Howard Gray yesterday:

SEPyle

I actually posted this on a thread about Icy Strait this morning. However in thinking about it, realized that many who read the boards, but not just Icy Strait threads, will most likely want to know that our beloved Koo Hook is doing well! So here's the post I wrote earlier today:

Had a nice surprise call from Howard Gray/Koo Hook and know those of you who followed his great thread and got to know and meet him would want to know that he sends his greetings!

We met Howard when we first visited Hoonah in 2005 after getting to know him on the boards. He started a great thread giving us wonderful information of this really great new port and shared from his heart the rich heritage of the Tlingit people. When we met him that first time it was more like greeting an old friend, then someone you got to know on a message board. Then in August 2006 we sailed on the Summit and really got to know him. For those new on Cruise Critic, simply do a search on the boards and pull up his thread. It's called: Hoonah, Alaska's Icy Strait Point - A taste of the REAL Alaaqsaq (Alaska) It's great reading to prepare you for your visit with lots of great information!

When you read of his passion and love of his home town Hoonah, you'll understand why those of us who love our stop in Icy Strait feel the way we do!

To those of you who will be visiting Icy Strait this summer...I am to say the least envious! Oh yes, by the way...he said he's done the Zip Line, and it's great fun!

Archived