Babysitting on RCCL

KGEmail

Hi everyone!

What are the chances we will be able to use a babysitter this Nov. on Liberty of the Seas...our son is going to be 6 weeks shy of 1 year old. I know they say the child must be a year, just wondering if anyone has had any luck with children SO CLOSE :)

Also, we have an inside cabin, but my parents have an Owner's Suite, I'm wondering if it would be at all possible to get a pack-n-play for both rooms, just so we could hang out in there suite for naps! I just am not sure if there is high demand for them on the ships, or they have extras typically.

IF we do end up getting a babysitter, what will they do in our inside cabin all night!? If our child is sleeping, won't they be bored? :)

THanks!

kim

Hi everyone!

What are the chances we will be able to use a babysitter this Nov. on Liberty of the Seas...our son is going to be 6 weeks shy of 1 year old. I know they say the child must be a year, just wondering if anyone has had any luck with children SO CLOSE :)

Also, we have an inside cabin, but my parents have an Owner's Suite, I'm wondering if it would be at all possible to get a pack-n-play for both rooms, just so we could hang out in there suite for naps! I just am not sure if there is high demand for them on the ships, or they have extras typically.

IF we do end up getting a babysitter, what will they do in our inside cabin all night!? If our child is sleeping, won't they be bored? :)

THanks!

I got babysitting for our 6 month old.

kim

It seemed to me that, at the pursers desk, they asked you how old the child is because they dont have any record of it there. When they ask you how old the child is, just round up!

The babysitters are staff and ours watched tv and napped while she was there.

You should call RCCL and ask about the second pack n play situation. If you are a member of crown and anchor I dont see why they couldnt arrange it.

They do know the age of the child because they have the records of the birth certificates. All they need to do is punch in the child's name in the computer and the age comes up. According to the cruise line's website, the age your child is on the first day of the cruise is they age they are for the entire cruise. This goes for drinking alcohol, gambling and the kid's clubs. They have an age requirement for a reason, and they have to select a number, and that's their rules. It doesn't matter if the child is one day or one month short of their rules, it's their rules.

They do know the age of the child because they have the records of the birth certificates. All they need to do is punch in the child's name in the computer and the age comes up. According to the cruise line's website, the age your child is on the first day of the cruise is they age they are for the entire cruise. This goes for drinking alcohol, gambling and the kid's clubs. They have an age requirement for a reason, and they have to select a number, and that's their rules. It doesn't matter if the child is one day or one month short of their rules, it's their rules.

Spoken like someone whose kids are over one year old!

Anywhoo....:rolleyes:

Like I said before, my child was 5.5 months old and I was able to arrange for babysitting from 8:30pm to 10:30 pm every night.

I was, in fact, asked how old my child was by the lady at the pursers desk (because she didnt seem to have access to it on her computer screen :rolleyes:) and I told her that DS was 6 months old. She never batted an eye at me about this. She did begin to tell me that RCCL doesnt offer in-room babysitting services to children under one year old. I explained that it would only be from 8:30 to 10:30 pm every night, as we had late seating dining, and that DS would be in bed by 7:30 pm, that he slept like a rock, and that all the person would have to do was literally "sit" with him. She decided to understand our situation and put the request in. (and that was exactly how it played out, sleeping baby every night)

We had a sitter for every night except the first one as we were too late to arrange one for that evening. The purser lady made it seem like, regardless of what time we put the request in on the first day, we would have to wait until the next night to get a sitter, in any case, on any ship.

All that said, regardless of the rules, just round up and tell them that your child is a year old. You, most likely, will not have in room sitting on the first night, but you will have it for every night there after.

Happy Sailing!

Anywhoo....:rolleyes:

Like I said before, my child was 5.5 months old and I was able to arrange for babysitting from 8:30pm to 10:30 pm every night.

I was, in fact, asked how old my child was by the lady at the pursers desk (because she didnt seem to have access to it on her computer screen :rolleyes:) and I told her that DS was 6 months old. She never batted an eye at me about this. She did begin to tell me that RCCL doesnt offer in-room babysitting services to children under one year old. I explained that it would only be from 8:30 to 10:30 pm every night, as we had late seating dining, and that DS would be in bed by 7:30 pm, that he slept like a rock, and that all the person would have to do was literally "sit" with him. She decided to understand our situation and put the request in. (and that was exactly how it played out, sleeping baby every night)

We had a sitter for every night except the first one as we were too late to arrange one for that evening. The purser lady made it seem like, regardless of what time we put the request in on the first day, we would have to wait until the next night to get a sitter, in any case, on any ship.

All that said, regardless of the rules, just round up and tell them that your child is a year old. You, most likely, will not have in room sitting on the first night, but you will have it for every night there after.

Happy Sailing!

Thanks soooo much! That makes me feel better. I'm not trying to "break" the rules or anything, just looking for people that have been in similar experiences! Hopefully by Nov. my son will be "sleeping like a rock" as well :)

thanks

kim

sas80, I had three boys that were that young once, but not anymore. I now have 5 grandbabies under the age of 5. So, I'm not some nutcase, anti-child person on the family board. We took our sons cruising since they were young, during the times when we parents had to take care of our children without benefit of kid's programs---it was one of the things that we knew would happen when we decided to have children. Our lives changed and so did our traveling style. Like I said, the cruise lines have rules for a reason, and I'm not going to debate the reasons why they do this.

sas80, I had three boys that were that young once, but not anymore. I now have 5 grandbabies under the age of 5. So, I'm not some nutcase, anti-child person on the family board. We took our sons cruising since they were young, during the times when we parents had to take care of our children without benefit of kid's programs---it was one of the things that we knew would happen when we decided to have children. Our lives changed and so did our traveling style. Like I said, the cruise lines have rules for a reason, and I'm not going to debate the reasons why they do this.

Good for you!!!

Archived