Pride of Hawaii???

Cruzin55

:rolleyes: We are booked on the POH 8/27/07. I am starting to decide what to pack and when hearing all the negatives about the ship (which I am trying to ignore) I was wondering if there are hair dryers and shampoo and conditioner in the room or do I need to bring my own? I want to pack as light as possible. I would also appreciate any tips with excursions, I have rented a car everywhere but Kona. I am more interested in the islands than the ship.

Thanks for your input.

• Administrators
:rolleyes: We are booked on the POH 8/27/07. I am starting to decide what to pack and when hearing all the negatives about the ship (which I am trying to ignore) I was wondering if there are hair dryers and shampoo and conditioner in the room or do I need to bring my own? I want to pack as light as possible. I would also appreciate any tips with excursions, I have rented a car everywhere but Kona. I am more interested in the islands than the ship.

Thanks for your input.

Yes on hairdryers (in the cabin, not the bathroom area) and shampoo (wall dispensers for shampoo and shower gel), no on conditioner. For excursion tips, see the Hawaii Ports of Call board here -- you will find more than you would believe possible. :) Good for you for trying to ignore -- to be honest, I haven't seen much bad stuff about POH (more about America and a LOT more about Aloha) -- POH is a very new, very clean ship. If dealing with American crew doesn't faze you (think your local Olive Garden, in lieu of typical international vessels), you will be fine. This trip is ALL about Hawaii and the ports of call.

Archived