ROLL CALL - QM2 Nov 30, 2007

craigtomer

Thanks, we will consider checking it out. I guess alot will depend on the weather conditions when we are there. If its not that great we probably will just stay close to the area where our hotel is. That won't be a bad thing because its right in the middle of it all. But we would probably venture out a bit more if its just a nice sunny day. We are open that is for sure. I think we have desided on at least one shore excursion in St. Kitts. The St. Kitts scenic railroad. I have a interesting article that is in the december 2005 issue of cruise travel magazine that talks in depth about how nice a ride it is around the entire island, with two deck rail cars, open air on top and air conditioned on the bottom. Its about a three hour excursion and the cruise line is selling two different times to go, either a morning or early afternoon. We would probablu opt for the morning. I guess you might have to be into trains to maybe get excited over something like this. But being we both work for the railroad here in california, there is a interest! GARY;)

Hi Gary- Were not planning to fully attend the theme nights either, but I’m sure we will check it out and then go do something else.

Were now starting to feel the fall in NY, it came a little late this year. Now more then before I cant wait for Nov 30th to arrive.

HI, We are having cooler evenings here in northern california, but the day time weather is perfect mid 70's. We Really don't have the same type of fall as you do, but change is in the air. I am sure it will be a bit of a shock to our system when we land in NYC on nov. 29th. But the warm weather will be just a cruise day away for all of us!! Our departure date will be here before we all know it. We were away on a 15 night cruise the same time last year (Crystal Sympnony Panama Canal) and we had perfect weather. We are going to have to get into the christmas shopping mode on our end soon because were gone from nov 29 thru dec 15th and won't really have any time after our trip to do much. We were able to get it all done more or less last year prior to our trip and it was a great relief not to have to rush and do it. GARY

Hi folks

Just a quick shout out from my partner and I... we are also booked for the QM2 at the end of Nov. We've not been on the QM2 yet and we're really looking forward to it...

BTW, we're coming from Toronto (Canada). We also hope to do some shopping in NY either before or after the cruise - have not decided yet.

Cheers :)

Jerry & Tony

Hi Jerry and Tony, welcome aboard! We will have to all plan to meet up on the ship sometime at the start of the cruise. I have read that they will offer a FOD get together at some point. My partner Brian and I are getting excited about the trip. It will be here before we all know it!:) GARY

Thanks for the warm welcome. It's very good to know that we're not the only gay couple on board. It's going to great.

Gary - get together would be great. It is a 10-night cruise after all so we should have ample of opportunity for meet-ups.

Craig & Tomer - funny you asked because we just decided 5 minutes ago, that we will be spending 2 or 3 days in NY before the cruise. For sure, we'll need at least 1 full day at the Woodbury outlet. We are planning to drive down from Toronto to NY. We've done the drive two years ago (to Woodbury as well). It takes about 8 hours in total. Not so bad between the two of us. Other than Woodbury, we haven't decided what else to do yet. We'll have to google more...

By the way, we haven't been to all the islands that this ship will take us. We stayed at Barbados for a week and about an afternoon at St. Thomas a few years ago. We'll have to take a closer look at the available excursions and make some decisions just before Nov 30. On the other hand, be the truth be told, the biggest draw for us is the QM2 itself. Can't wait to see all its glory :)

J & T

Hi guys, how are you all doing. Now that we are past the midway point of october, time is really going fast. We are starting to think about what we want to bring with us on the cruise to wear ect. I know this cruise will be a bit more formal than some of the cruises we have been on. We both have a tux that we own which comes in handy for all the cruises we go on. We bought new ones a couple of years ago and found some fantastic deals on ebay. Lots of discounters who mass buy for rental companys. They are new but you really have to give them your exact size to get a good fit. In a few short weeks we will be getting our final cruise docs!! We are really getting excited!!:p :)

Its a little over 5 weeks to go and I am going to start to pack soon. Sounds a bit too soon but if I don't start I will end up doing stuff at the last minute. We usually always way over pack because I am never sure of what I really will be in the mood to wear. We have to pack a little extra because we have to deal with the weather in NYC when we are back from our cruise. We are thinking about shipping a suitcase or two back home the day we get in from our cruise. We can actually just go to to the train station and send two bags home via Amtrak...since we work for that company anyway. Enjoy the rest of your week! GARY

Its a little over 5 weeks to go and I am going to start to pack soon. Sounds a bit too soon but if I don't start I will end up doing stuff at the last minute. We usually always way over pack because I am never sure of what I really will be in the mood to wear. We have to pack a little extra because we have to deal with the weather in NYC when we are back from our cruise. We are thinking about shipping a suitcase or two back home the day we get in from our cruise. We can actually just go to to the train station and send two bags home via Amtrak...since we work for that company anyway. Enjoy the rest of your week! GARY

Supposedly our docs will arrive sometime next week but we'll see... Good to hear some of you are getting yours this weekend.

We can't even think about what to pack and bring to this trip. The challenge will be not to overpack, as we always tend to do. We know this cruise will be a lot more formal than other Caribbean cruises, but we're not sure about tuxedos...just not really our style. Anyway, we'll decide closer to the departure date.

Have a good weekend guys.

:)

J&T

Hi everyone, we got our docs in the mail on thursday. Our TA (we use different agents depending on the deals we get) is in florida and send them in the mail. Nice folders with Curnad's Logo on them. Were getting excited. We are leaving sunday for Washington DC on company business for a week, then when we get back home the focus will be on the cruise!!!. Only one month away!!! GARY and BRIAN:)

Hey Guys,

My partner, Jim and myself (I'm Mike) will be onboard as well. We'll be traveling with my Uncle John and his partner Jim as well as my Aunt Janet and her boyfriend, Booker. I'm glad to see there are several other gay couples that will be on the cruise with us! This will be our second on QM2. We just love her! By the way, on sea days the Commodore Lounge (our favorite drink spot) hosts a 'Friends of Dorothy' gathering in the early evening. It's posted on the ship's bulletin, but only when the ship is at sea. On our first cruise, however, every evening turned out to be 'Friends of Dorothy' in the Commodore Lounge. Hope to see everyone there!

Mike & Jim

PS We live in Ft Lauderdale and we're flying in on the 30th. I'll just die if our flight is cancelled!:eek:

Hey there, Gary & Brian and Craig & Tomer,

Thanks for the nice welcoming. I can't believe the cruise is only 4 weeks away. We got our travel vouchers a week ago and it's begining to hit us now. We can't wait!

Unfortunately, we're not able to spend any time in New York on this trip. We were in the city back in April and in East Hampton in August. This cruise will blow our vacation banks for the rest of the year so it's back to the ole grind right after the cruise, but we won't think about that now! :D

Mike & Jim

Hello Mike & Jim, we also want to extend our welcome to you guys. We are really looking forward to this trip as well. Unlike you, this will be our very first time on the QM2, and hopefully a few more in the future.:)

UPS (finally) came this early evening with the docs. At first glance, the info on excursions looks impressive. We'll have to read up on it thoroughly and make some decisions later for sure. Like Craig & Tomer, we'll also try to do some pre-packing just to see what size of luggage to bring :confused::confused:

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Jerry & Tony

Archived