Estonia Tallinn and Arhus Denmark Port Information

Does any know when the ship, Veendam docks in Estonia, where do I catch the shuttle bus to town & how much is it? Is there other public transportation or do I have to take a taxi? How to best tour Estonia?

We also stop at Arhus. We can't find any port info. on Arhus. Does anyone know how to get from the port to the sights besides taking a taxi? Is there public transportation to the sights & what sights are there? Would appreciate any help especially on Arhus. thanks

I haven't been there yet, but both posts on these boards and contact with the HAL shore excursions office for our cruise have given me the impression that both Tallin and Arhus are walkable from the dock. Arhus seems especially accessible, with public transportation being available for explorations further afield, like the folk museum. I have also read about a good modern art museum in Arhus.

I have been told it is a 15 minute walk to Tallin's center.

We are on the Veendam as well.

Does any know when the ship, Veendam docks in Estonia, where do I catch the shuttle bus to town & how much is it? Is there other public transportation or do I have to take a taxi? How to best tour Estonia?

We also stop at Arhus. We can't find any port info. on Arhus. Does anyone know how to get from the port to the sights besides taking a taxi? Is there public transportation to the sights & what sights are there? Would appreciate any help especially on Arhus. thanks

We walked to both Arhus and Tallin. There are guides when you get off the ship to point you to the right direction. Plus you will get a little map of each port. Depending where you want to go and how much trouble you have walking, of course.

I was on the same cruise as onlyparrotlets

I too walked to town from the pier in both Tallinn and Arhus. In fact in Tallinn, I came back to the ship for lunch and then walked back out.

As stated, both places have a small TI booth set up right at the pier to provide free maps, make suggestions on different sights and to help you with any other questions you may have.

From the pier to Tallinn, its probably a 8-10 minute walk to reach Fat Maragaret Tower and then head up to the Upper Town of Medieval Tallinn, or Toompea. Or, you could walk in the opposite direction of Fat Maragaret Tower (to the left) and it would take you about another 5-8 minutes to get to the Lower Town and the city wall

In Arhus, the ship literally docks right at the city. From the pier to the Arhus Domkirke is a 5-7 minute walk. The distance from Pier 2 to Den Gamle By is 1.5 km. There is also a bus that will take you for 18DKK per person, a little over $3.

Check out www.visitarhus.com

If you click on the contact us section and email them, they will answer any question you have, including what bus lines to take to wherever you want to go, what there is to do, how to walk from place to place etc. And they are pretty responsive as well. Give them about 24 hours to respond, due to time difference, etc.

Archived