Royal Dolphin Swim?

purplejc5

Yes! They offer them at Chankanaab Park. Everything I read about the swim has been quite positive. You can book it directly from the park instead of from Carnival. Do a search and you should be able to find the website about the park.

Just got back from Cozumel and did the Royal Swin at Dolphin Discovery. I booked it myself from the website dolphindiscovery.com. It was the greatest. It was the highlight of our trip. I would recommend it for anyone! The park is beautiful.

Which park is it at? A little nervous about booking an excursion other than through the ship, I have never done that before. I did see the website, and it looks fantastic and exactly what I am looking for. Thanks walkerfamily for the info.

We just got back from Cozumel and we went to Chakanaab Park on our own. If you dock at the Punta Lagosta pier the taxi ride is $10 for 4 people one way. The international pier is even closer. I felt very safe and the taxis are lined up waiting to take you back to the ship. Both drivers were very nice and professional. There is plenty to do at the park if you wanted to spend most of the day there. Also, Carnival might add it as an excursion. We were on the Glory and I am pretty sure it was offered through the ship. It is much cheaper on your own, though. The ship tours came, conquered, and left pretty quickly.;)

I have done the Royal Swim at Chakaanab Park 3 times now. EVERY time we go to Cozumel - I do this program, always book it directly, never through the ship. The excursion offered through the ship is only the dolphin encounter. The Royal Swim is definitely the way to go.

Don't worry about doing the excursion on your own. There will be plenty of time - as long as you don't book the latest times, you should be fine.

I guarantee you will have the experience of a lifetime - I have - 3 times!!! :D

We were there last week. The park is beautiful, but some repair work on buildings is still going on. The reef had some sand and algea on it, but was still viable. Lots of fish. The underwater statues looked to have been cleaned. The palapas and chairs/lounges are free (and very comfy). No swimming in the "lagoon", which looked devoid of fish at the moment. There is a small children's area with sandy beach and playset. Otherwise, there are rocks along the shore - access to the water is by steps with handrails. The snorkelling is much better than Labadee, not as good as Grand Cayman. Restaurants are open and drinks of all manner are to be had. The Cokes we had were $2 each, I think beer was $4 each. Snorkelling equipment is to be had at a couple of places. There are also free lockers available near the Dolphin Discovery area. Lockers are fairly large, about 1 cubic foot (1 ft x 1 ft x 1ft) and are also free. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Just ask at one of the snorkel equipment shops what there is to see underwater and they will start showing you photos. Easy to get to by cab and easy to get a cab for return. All in all, it was one of the best days we had on the cruise and we would happily return to Chankanaab in the future.

If you book the Royal Swim, park entry ($16) is included. A representative meets you at the entrance - he will have your name on a list - and gives you a wristband for entry into the park. You then check in at the desk just inside the turnstiles. After you get into the park, check out behind the waterfall. A most unusual location for these necessaries. The total time for the Royal Swim is about 2 hours; 1 hour for instruction & swim, about another hour to review the video they make and the photos. Go to the park early and do some snorkelling before the swim. If you book the 11AM, 12PM or 1PM swim, you will have plenty of time before you need to get back to the ship. Remember: the swim times are Cozumel time, which is Central Standard/Daylight time. If the ship comes from the East coast, Cozumel will be 1 hour behind.

It was one of the best things we've ever done!

Archived