Triumph from Miami

CorkySue02

dst: We are flying on Delta this time and our rate was $229.60 each. (this was into FLL) (MIA was over $300.00 each) So even with transportation to the port this was cheaper for us.

We have flown Continental - which was by far my favorite. Then once we did American - HORRIBLE:(

So we shall see how Delta is come Sept 14th. :confused:

hi corkysue, i use fll all the time on purpose..i havent flown into mia inyears..dont know which airport u fly out of..i booked $79 each way from stl-fll for sept.. mia is higher..if u r not getting a car, go with the cheapest..if u will be geting a car for sure...fll for sure...unless you speak spanish. i am not joking on this. mia doesnt have cars at the terminal..they shuttle u to the car places. it is in a busy area of people speaking spanish. if u only know a few words..i took a wrong turn one time and stopped to ask directions...good luck is all i can say, they may have spoken english a bit, i didnt get the directions thats for sure! we were not comfortable with the people all over the streets..didnt seem like a safe area to us. and i have been there several times and always in the daylight. fll i seasy, smaller airport, if u have to be shuttled to a car rental palce..not a problem, u wont be afraid...it isnt but about 1/2 hr or 45 to the mia port. we r flying into fll, getting a car staying at teh thunderbird resort in sunny isles, they have a dollar car right there...will have a shuttle/cab take us to the port for $50 for 4 of us..we do not want to drive in the port area..its a mess...hope this helps! cindy

Oh you will love the ship. We had aft last time and lucky enough to get it again on this sailing. Nothing beats an aft balcony (IMO)

We will be cruising on the Triumph on December 8. We will have our first aft balcony. Can't wait!!!:) :) :) With the Triumph in San Juan from 5pm to midnight, will the dining room be open for dinner? The dining room was closed for lunch at port on the Conquest.

We will be cruising on the Triumph on December 8. We will have our first aft balcony. Can't wait!!!:) :) :) With the Triumph in San Juan from 5pm to midnight, will the dining room be open for dinner? The dining room was closed for lunch at port on the Conquest.

Coulda sworn I just answered this. :confused:

One DR will be open - it is open seating.

I totally disagree with this statement...

We fly all the way from New Mexico, so we HAVE to fly in a day early. With fares sometimes $80+ cheaper, we have flown into Ft Lauderdale several times. The hotel is going to be used whether we fly into Miami, or Ft Lauderdale, so that's a wash. If you take a cab from MIA to the port, it's $25 standard fee. But to get to a DT hotel from the airport, we have paid over $30 plus tip, depending on traffic. It's $45-50 from FLL.

So, even if it costs us an extra $30 each way? We've still saved $100 total.

Fly into FLL...

Anyone get the number of the truck that just ran over me?

BTW were did you find transportation from FLL to Miami for $45-50? I have been looking into that the past couple of days can't find anything less then 60? I could use some help with this! :)

Just double checked the fares for our September flights. We paid $212 for RT into FLL.

Right now...flights into MIA are $294, flights to FLL are $223 today.

When I booked the flights originally...the fare into MIA was $306....BIG DIFFERENCE!

I hope you don't take this the wrong way. I am not trying to be a butt!

That being said, you stated in an earlier post that transportation was $45-50 from FLL to Miami. I am assuming those prices are not R/T. if you add that to your airfare your paying more. Mst Hotels offer free shuttle service to and from the airport. saving you from renting a car.

The whole thing seems like a wash

I know that if I wasn't flying for free I would be flying into Miami. Saving the money I would spend for a car and/or hotel.car and Hotel

We cruised from Miami in May on the Triumph and choose to fly to Ft. Lauderdale and rent a car. We usually fly in a day early and rent a car anyway so the cost was a wash. We ended up staying at a hotel close to the Miami airport. My DD came in later that day arriving in Miami when I the front desk at the hotel how to get to the airport they said I would be better off letting them take the shuttle to the hotel. There was a lot of construction going on around the Miami airport and they were pretty sure I would have a rough time figuring it out. Ft. Lauderdale is much easier to navigate and the drive to Miami is very easy. If you can save money fly into Ft. Lauderdale.

I was just wondering if it's easier to fly into Miami or

Ft. Lauderdale. We are going to fly in at least a day early so we are going to have to rent a car and get a hotel for the night. It looks a little cheaper to fly into Ft. Lauderdale but i've never been to either.

Thanks for the help.....

Cori

Cori,

We are flying into FLL the night before our cruise out of Miami - our rt tickets cost our family of 5 $594. renting a car from Alamo ($49) and staying at Ramada in Hollywood ($89 - free breakfast) - Carnival would have charged us $30 pp for the transfers one way to the port -

In our case - it saves us money to fly into FLL. Plus we will have all morning to site see before heading to the port.

Kim

Archived