Dune Buggy Excursion Review!

travgurl

We booked this tour through Cozumel Insider. We had a fun filled day! Our guides Philipee and Antonio were great. We had to opportunity to see alot of the island and do many different things. We stopped in an area to snorkel, saw a butterfly conservatory and saw a small Maya ruin. We drove along the coastline. The view was breath taking! We stopped on a beach area to do some barter shopping. Great place to shop! Then we continued to an area where they served us a good lunch. We chose to spend the rest of our time enjoying swimming in the beautiful blue water and walking in the fine, soft, and white sand. The dune buggies ran very nicely. This is definitely an excursion I would recommend to anyone. Another day my family really enjoyed and will never forget!

Dear travgurl,

When I was surfing online, one website said that the dune buggy riding trail was destroyed due to Hurricane Wilma but they still did the tour but not on the offbeat normal trail - more like a regular road. Could you please tell me what kind of road you drove on during the tour? We are maybe considering some kind of excursion like this (or ATV) and I am just starting to gather information and suggestions. We are not cruising until late April 2008 so we have plenty of time.

Thanks, cruisefreak13

Cruisefreak13:

Your information is correct. The back roads were ruined by the hurricane. The government would only provide the money to fix the main roads. We were on some main roads and roads off to the side of the main roads. The ride was great! I know that my son who is 18 had alot of fun driving. They even taught him how to drive. Driving along the coast as I said was just amazing. I think that it was the most spectacular view on the whole trip. This company were very accomodating for my family. We wanted two dune buggies. Also, through the ship the driver had to be 21, this company said 18 was fine. Just keep researching and asking questions on this website, that is how I made my final deicsions of what to book. My family was very please with everything that we didi. The excursions we did at the different ports we will never forget.

Archived