Romance with AOS

I'm looking to hear about some romantic ideas for couples on the AOS travelling to Barbados, St.'s Maarten Thomas Lucia, and Antigua. Anything from things to do on the boat and places to go on land. (AKA activities allowed in public;) )

I recommend a massage on the beach together. I tried to convince my S/O but he just wasnt going for it.

Also the Rasul treatment sounded like fun, its basically a mud bath for two, and you lather each other up and spray each other off in the spa on board the ship.

Another idea is to meet at a bar instead of going to dinner together. That way, the woman has enough time to get dressed and you dont see her before shes all put together. Its just not the same...there is a florist on board who sells single roses as well.

Take a stroll in the evening on the open air decks. Make use of the hot tubs. Walk hand and hand while off the ship. Pick up real estate pamplets while in town and day dream together. Take advantage of breakfast in bed atleast once or twice! Figure out for yourself if its impossible to fit two in those tiny showers! Lather suntan lotion on each others backs. Anything has the possibility to be romantic!

I think cruising as a couple is romantic in itself, so there is alot of opportunity every where you turn.

I cant wait to go on my first cruise with my S/O in 5 weeks!

Have a wonderful cruise!

The Rasul treatment is indeed fun, romantic, very private, and well worth it. If you do it on day 1, you may find yourself wanting to book one everyday! Side benefit was that our skin really was extra soft for a few days after!

It is a private area with a room that is a sauna/rainshower, and another area with towels and lotions, and a shower. They take you in and go over the different steps, which mud goes where, etc. Then they leave you alone for an hour.

Heaven.

We take advantage of the fact we have late dinner by heading up to the hot tubs and watching the sunset together. The pool area (especially the Solarium) is usually peaceful and deserted and it is a great opportunity to enjoy each other and vacation.

I want to try the Rasul by my DH will never go for it. "You want me to spend $80 to rub you with mud?" :rolleyes:

Tell him you'll rub him, too!;)

He'd probably be happier if I told him I'd rub him with the $80 in our stateroom :p

Dogtranr, my hubby does that with the suntan lotion! I'm practically flattened into the floor when he goes at it.

He'd probably be happier if I told him I'd rub him with the $80 in our stateroom :p

Dogtranr, my hubby does that with the suntan lotion! I'm practically flattened into the floor when he goes at it.

Where do men learn that?? Sometimes I catch myself telling him "easy" (when hes putting sunblock on my back) like I do when I give the dog a treat and am afraid she might be too eagar and take a hunk out of my finger....

I tried to convince S/O to do Rasul, and he said the same thing! You tip toe through puddles, but you want to spend $80 to roll in it?? I shouldnt have told him the price, it would be very hot! :o I may just book it one day without telling him...

Men enjoy when you are all prettied up, yet if you tell them how much it costs their eyes pop out of their head and roll across the floor...

So now I dont tell him :D I am planning a whole week of spa pleasures the week before our cruise. Nothing feels better than looking your best when your on a romantic trip!

Sometimes I catch myself telling him "easy" (when hes putting sunblock on my back) like I do when I give the dog a treat and am afraid she might be too eagar and take a hunk out of my finger....

I'm practically flattened into the floor when he goes at it.

LOL!! This is so funny! Makes me feel better to know that I'm not alone. But we still enjoyed the Rasul . . . a lot . . . Next time, though, I'll quit while I'm ahead and just skip the after lotions or do them myself.

Sorry for the hijack . . .

T Marie,

Where have you gotten a massage on a beach before? That sounds pretty cool but haven't found a place online.

Anyone have any other different ideas on the boat or at port. I do have late seating and the hot tubs sound like a good idea....as long as she's got time to get prepped for dinner of course

T Marie,

Where have you gotten a massage on a beach before? That sounds pretty cool but haven't found a place online.

Anyone have any other different ideas on the boat or at port. I do have late seating and the hot tubs sound like a good idea....as long as she's got time to get prepped for dinner of course

I found a place in aruba that i was hoping to book, but your cruise is the other intinerary. the place in aruba is called manchebo...

I did a quick search on google and pulled up a hotel in st. lucia called coconut resort and spa that offers massages on the beach.

Also, St Thomas at the Wyndam hotel it appears....

I was just daydreaming :) I have been looking for romantic things for our cruise as well since its our first vacation alone together.

Have a wonderful cruise ;)

If you are going to St. Thomas, try a 1/2 day sail out of Red Hook. I chartered a 40ft sail boat and we went snorkeling and had an open bar and a fabulous lunch on board. This was a complete surprise for my DH 4oth in Dec. We got off the boat, took a taxi to Red Hook and got the sail boat there. I arranged all of this prior (very easy and very resonably priced). We were out for about 4 hrs. You can do full day sails as well.

My husband said later that evening that that day was one of the top 5 days of his life so far! It was incredibly romantic and adventerous at the same time. We had never snorkeled before. By the way, you have a snorkel guide to take you out and show you things. He is also the bar tender!!

Just a thought! Just being on the ship together is fun and romantic. Definately do the hot tub later in the evening when it is less crowded.

By the way, my husband isn't a spa guy either. He will spend $150 on a bottle of wine, but laugh at the thought of an $80 massage.

Good Luck!

Jodi

Archived