Newbie Question about Debarkation

MrsC825

I'm sailing on the Carnival Destiny. Our flight home is at 1:45. I'm nervous that we won't make the flight. I know they hand out tags and b/c our flights is earlier, we're supposed to be one of the first off. But I've heard the term self-debarkation floating around. What is this? And how can I speed up the process so we make our flight?

Go to the purser's desk when you first get on and tell them that you have an early flight and they should give you VIP tags for early debarkation. How far away is the airport? 1:45 is not an early flight so depending on the distance of the airport you should be fine.

I'm sailing on the Carnival Destiny. Our flight home is at 1:45. I'm nervous that we won't make the flight. I know they hand out tags and b/c our flights is earlier, we're supposed to be one of the first off. But I've heard the term self-debarkation floating around. What is this? And how can I speed up the process so we make our flight?

Self-debarkation is where you DO NOT put your luggage out the night before. You will have to carry the luggage off yourself. It is up to Customs to decide who gets off first. Sometimes VIP/early flights go first and sometimes it is self-disembark.

Dave

So far Self Debark has gotten of first on our cruises....Like the above poster mentioned...145 pm is not that early of a flight....I think you wll be fine..again..let them know when you first get on that you have a 1:45 flight and that you need to get off the ship as soon as you can during debarkation..I am SUURE they will lead you in thr right direction.

When I sailed Destiny, it was the worst, most disorganized debark I'd ever experienced.

And SJU is a madhouse.....and I didn't fly out until Monday! Can't imagine the mess on Sunday with people from Destiny and other ship(s) trying to get home.

But.....you should be ok with that flight time.

Check this thread for more recent info. Everyone on the Destiny board are very helpful.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44544&page=372&highlight=%22Destiny+Past+Future%22

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Archived