Caribbean experts?

woodmill100

I wonder if you can help me; We've never been to the Caribbean before however, we've found 2 cruises that we're interested in. Both leave from New York on the same day (we'll arrive in New York from Vancouver after our cruise to Alaska).

Anyway, the intineries are

6-Day Bahamas & Florida Round-trip New York

Ship: Norwegian Spirit

Embarkation port: New York City

Embarkation: May 11, 2008

Disembarkation: May 17, 2008

Ports of call: New York City; Orlando (Port Canaveral); Nassau; Great Stirrup Cay

OR

7-Day Bermuda Round-trip New York

Ship: Norwegian Dawn

Embarkation port: New York City

Embarkation: May 11, 2008

Disembarkation: May 18, 2008

Ports of call: New York City; King's Wharf

Both sound good to us however, there appear to be a view not so good reviews on the 6 day Bahams and Florida which have slightly put us off however, with the 7 day cruise, we really only will see Bermuda. I am trying to find out as much information as possible as here in the UK availability is limited and I only really have a couple of hours tonight to make a choice or we may miss the boat - excuse the pun.

Any tips or help you might be able to give me would REALLY be appreciated and sorry for the rush!

I would vote for the Bermuda...beautiful Island (probably the nicest in the Caribbean)...you need a few days to really experience the Island.

Port Canaveral is about 1 hour 45 minutes from Disney, so a long trip for a short visit...close to the space shuttle....Nassau is no comparison to Bermuda....If you like to gamble, Nassaus does have gambling (Atlantis located minutes from the pier.)

I don't get off the ship in Nassau anymore....have been to Bermuda 6 times and still love it!

Either ship is nice....

You had just finished an Alaskan cruise with many excursions posibillities, if you were having a great time, you'll be exhausted, so it's time to relax in Bermuda.

You'll love Bermuda......the buses make it easy to get around, the overnight stay means no rushing around to get back to the ship.

If you haven't done Bermuda yet..do that one. It tends to be a little cool & rainy that time of year. Buses make getting around easy & cheap. The beaches are nice but the prices off the ship are high. Not a port for "shopaholics". My wife had withdrawl. Using the ship as a hotel for a few days is very relaxing.:)

I think we are definitely happy with the Bermuda choice and will just have to hope that the weather is kind to us. As for the sea being cooler - well, we live about 10 minutes from the North Sea so I am used to the cold!

Archived