Has anyone gone to lectures onboard?

longduo

I mostly take longer cruises. The speakers are frequently a good break on sea days. Their delivery or topic or charisma or personal axe has ranged from outstanding to agonizing. The passengers catch on rapidly and vote with their fanny. I have seen presentations move from a lounge to the largest theater on board as the attendance fills each room to capacity. Likewise, I have seen certain speakers almost fade from view as they are shifted to progressively small venues because of poor attendance. Hopefully, such presenters are not hired again.

If the topic is of the slightest interest, check it out. If the presentation is not to your liking walk out. (This includes evening entertainment where I have seen over a hundred depart when the "entertainer" was not.)

The history or naturalist presentations by guest speakers have mostly been enjoyable. The port presentations by cruise staff are sales pitches. They do contain gems of port "nuts and bolts" information that is useful. I find it convient to catch up on the useful stuff on the cabin TV as the DW dresses for dinner.

George

I mostly take longer cruises. The speakers are frequently a good break on sea days. Their delivery or topic or charisma or personal axe has ranged from outstanding to agonizing. The passengers catch on rapidly and vote with their fanny. I have seen presentations move from a lounge to the largest theater on board as the attendance fills each room to capacity. Likewise, I have seen certain speakers almost fade from view as they are shifted to progressively small venues because of poor attendance. Hopefully, such presenters are not hired again.

If the topic is of the slightest interest, check it out. If the presentation is not to your liking walk out. (This includes evening entertainment where I have seen over a hundred depart when the "entertainer" was not.)

The history or naturalist presentations by guest speakers have mostly been enjoyable. The port presentations by cruise staff are sales pitches. They do contain gems of port "nuts and bolts" information that is useful. I find it convient to catch up on the useful stuff on the cabin TV as the DW dresses for dinner.

George

We do learn a lot watching the info on TV while spouse gets showered and ready and look forward to some good lectures on our next cruise, hopefully the kids will sit thru them too.

Archived