Doubletree--Biscayne Bay

Has anyone been? We usually stay at the Hyatt or Intercontinental while in Miami, but decided to try something different before our Majesty cruise this October. Has anyone stayed here? What did you think? We have a balcony with a bay view.

How close is Bayside? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

:)

Hated it. Felt like you were staying at a condo. Only 3 of the 40 something floors are hotel, the rest is all condo. No pool service and no where to get drinks by the pool. You would have to go down to the lobby to get a drink. Really, it was like a glorified Holiday Inn.

We have not stayed at the Doubletree but are booked there for our 3 day pre-cruise on 9/20.

I have a disability and have found getting info about accessibility from RCI about their hotels difficult....but when I have contacted or talked to the Doubletree I have been very pleased.

More than once, they have mailed me brochures...and even menus of the restaurants in the hotel (they have several).

One thing I like about them, is the extra services they have because they have condos there....grocery store, etc.

If you have any concerns, call the Hotel directly and ask to speak to Alejandro Rico, he is the Hotel revenue director.

Let us know if we can be of more help, brian43tx@tx.rr.com

We stayed there last month and we absolutly loved it. Who cares if you can get a drink by the pool or not. I bring a can of soda and I am set!! Bayside is about a 5 minute drive. We had a room with a bay view also. The port is over to the right and it can be seen just fine. You will be ok there, don't worry about it. I have never stayed at any of the other places talked about on here so cannot compare. It is very clean and quiet.

Tina

CruisinOnWheels and Brenton:

(Everyone else, too)

Thanks for the responses. The property looks beautiful to me and I'm sure we'll have a great time. We usually just hang by the pool and hit Bayside up, so I'm sure it will be more than adequate for our 2 night's stay. I used to work for Intercontinental/Holday Inn, so I've traveled a lot and stayed at many hotels and resorts--this one looks good to me.

Thanks again, hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Archived