Triumph or the Miracle for Solo Cruiser

jsy

I'm booked on the Triumph for Feb, 2008. My brother and SIL are going on the Miracle the first week in Feb.(couples) I prefer the Spirit class. I really don't care which ports are included at this point, just would like a nice clean ship like the Legend. Don't know if I could get good rates on the Miracle versus the Triumph. Any info would be appreciated. Husband won't cruise. Thank you.

I would take the Miracle hands down. I had a cat 12 suite on the Triumph and it had a bad sewer smell in the cabin and on sea days down by the shops. It was no way as clean as the Miracle. The Miracle is a newer ship than the Triumph. My TV in my cabin also diden't work, and when my daughter tried to use the hot tub rust kept comming out. After a shower you had to wait around 15 to 20 min for the tub to drain.

I would take the Miracle hands down. I had a cat 12 suite on the Triumph and it had a bad sewer smell in the cabin and on sea days down by the shops. It was no way as clean as the Miracle. The Miracle is a newer ship than the Triumph. My TV in my cabin also diden't work, and when my daughter tried to use the hot tub rust kept comming out. After a shower you had to wait around 15 to 20 min for the tub to drain.

Doesn't sound too good. It's very expensive cruising solo but doesn't look like I'll be able to get a good price on The Miracle, just on the older ships.

Thanks for your information. Appreciate it.

jsy--

Have you taken a look at any of the CC group cruises? I ask because I also cruise solo and generally find good rates if you're willing to go with a category 1a cabin. And, you don't have to participate in any group activities onboard if that doesn't appeal to you. It’s something to take a look at anyway if you haven’t already. Lots of solo cruisers around here these days so others might have additional avenues for you to explore.

I was booked on Triumph but changed to Liberty to cruise with a group. I have done research on Triumph, and read a lot of good things. And, the sewer odor others mention from time to time can and has been smelled on old and new ships alike and on various lines. I smelled it a couple of times on my deck on Imagination, and on a brand new Princess ship. The eastern itinerary you have booked is a great one!

I love the Spirit class ships!!

Enjoy your hunt for the best cruise for you!!

Archived