What do you wear

rice5899

I wear a nice pair of capris and cute top. My daughter wears a sundress and my DH and DS wear khaki shorts and polos. We always buy the boarding photo, so we dress nicely.

Kim

PLUS, Ii guess it might be good to dress half :confused: nice, just in case you luggage doesn't make it up to your room before dinner, (although they are more lenient on the first night!!!);)

I usually wear the same outfit on embarkation day as disembarkation day because most of the time, some traveling (either by car or by plane) is involved prior to embarkation. It will be the same outfit I can wear again on simple ports of call or on casual sea days.

The elastic waistline is making allowance for the food you'll be consuming on the cruise. If you enjoy eating, you'll gain at least 1 inch around your waist, so wearing a fitting pants or skirt will get you in trouble, unless you don't plan to wear that outfit again later on.

I have found yoga pants and a simple top (and comfortable flat-heeled shoes) perfect for embarkation. Remember, someone will also take a photo of you near the entrance to the ship, so wear something photogenic and comfortable.

I usually wear the same top and change into a skirt for dinner OR I wear the same outfit and just change into high heeled shoes for dinner.

Since we fly a) From cold/wet weather (Oregon) and b) fly during the night we always have to dress comfortably. I wear Yoga pants and jacket and my son wears usually sweats or something like that since he can sleep on the plane I want him to be as comfortable as possible. (He is 3) I always pack something for him in my carry on bag so in case it is really hot where ever we go he can put shorts on.

When traveling I always wear something that I wouldn't mind wearing for an extra day or so should our luggage get lost or delayed. For me that means jeans and a comfortable top, lightweight jacket, and walking shoes. Knock on wood, but my luggage has never gotten lost and I've always been able to change into more appropriate dining room attire in plenty of time for dinner.

And if we're ever somehow marooned on a desert island while traveling I'll be wearing clothing that's not likely to fall apart very quickly. :p

I usually wear something that travels well (meaning, not a lot of wrinkling from the airplane ride) So that means capris, tank top with a light sweater (airplanes are chilly) and sandals. I throw my bathing suit in my carry on, and that way if I want to lay out by the pool while waiting for my cabin to be ready I can.

This year will be a little easier because we are arriving into Tampa the day before our cruise. I find this is so much better, because it allows the airlines a little time to make mistakes (lost luggage, delays etc) and it doen't affect my cruise!

SO I may dress a little nicer for embarkation, and wear my suit under my clothes.

A good rule of thumb is anything that you wouldn't be embarrased to have your photo taken in :)

Archived