A couple of questions

rice5899

What do you usually wear the day you arrive on the cruise ship? Just wondering if the first evening, we have to make sure we are in pants, or can we wear shorts that we just got on the cruise ship with, since it is the first evening.

Also would our luggage typically be outside our cabin before very late? Just wondering if I should put the kids pajamas in our carry on bag

What do you usually wear the day you arrive on the cruise ship? Just wondering if the first evening, we have to make sure we are in pants, or can we wear shorts that we just got on the cruise ship with, since it is the first evening.

Also would our luggage typically be outside our cabin before very late? Just wondering if I should put the kids pajamas in our carry on bag

I generally wear my group cruise tshirt so others in the group can recognize each other... and shorts. Most of the time I always dress for dinner... My luggage has almost ALWAYS arrived before the muster drill, LONG before dinner and LONG before PJ time :D

I have read on the boards that the first night is more casual and they accept whatever you wear, since your luggage may not be at your room.

My actual experience on all three of our cruises has been that the capers in the room state that the regular expectation for resort wear is expected. (Meaning no shorts)

Also, our luggage has been at our room in plenty of time for us to change for dinner (we have dine twice at 6:15 and once at 5:45) We dress in nice clothes every night. At first our kids balked, but since we want them to learn appropriate exectations, after the first time (the very first night) our kids have loved the dressing part!

We dress in casual clothes to embark (men & boys wear nice polo shirts and usually polo shorts and the women and girls have worn capris or skorts (shorts that look like a skirt) It makes for a nice embarkation photo.

You may want to pack swim suits in your carry on for you and the kids, but I wouldnn't worry about PJs.

The first day we drop off our carryons in the room and head to the Lido deck to eat. Then we scout around the ship-you can check out where camp carnival is, your dining room and table assignment, see where photos will be posted, check out the different pools, see where the mini golf or other sports areas are, etc. You will be amazed at how much there is to do.

Our luggage has always been to the room well before muster drill (@ 4pm) and I start putting clothes away while the kids check out the tv and balcony. We also look at the capers to sort of get an idea of the evening.

There is no set way to do anything on a cruise and that is one of the things I like best. Keep reading here for tips but please know that whatever you do and in whatever order you do it---you will have an awesome time.:)

When we arrived at our cabin on the Triumph we were met by the room steward.

I was wearing a pair of capris and my husband was wearing cargo shorts.

The room steward quickly pointed out ( without us asking) that what we were wearing was fine to go to dinner in as the luggage had been arriving later than usual.

We did go to dinner in those clothes and did not feel out of place at all as a good majority of passengers were dressed this way.

Our luggage arrived while we were at dinner.

I don't know if this was unusual because it was my first cruise.

It was nice to not have to worry about getting dressed for dinner as I was excited about being on the ship and checking thiongs out prior to dinner.

The rest of the nights were dressed more dressy for dinner.

Also, our luggage has been at our room in plenty of time for us to change for dinner (we have dine twice at 6:15 and once at 5:45) We dress in nice clothes every night. At first our kids balked, but since we want them to learn appropriate exectations, after the first time (the very first night) our kids have loved the dressing part!

Kudos to you for teaching them those expectations! There is a place and time for everything. Your kids hopefully won't turn out to be the twenty-somethings that show up at my office dressed in shorts and a tank top for a job interview or like the ones I saw at a dressy church wedding last weekend in jeans/concert t-shirts or stretch pants and flip-flops. :eek:

Of course I usually wear my tux the first night, with the black jacket and white after that. Most luggage in our cruising history has been there before dinner unless you were one of the last to board. We are usually onboard within the first half hour possible.

Of course I usually wear my tux the first night, with the black jacket and white after that. Most luggage in our cruising history has been there before dinner unless you were one of the last to board. We are usually onboard within the first half hour possible.

You wear a tux on the most casual night of the cruise?? What do you wear on formal nights? LOL :p

We usually where shorts when we board... and that is what we wear to dinner. We always pick the earliest dinner time. We always had our luggage before dinner, but just didn't have time to unpack and get organized until later.

I usually wear a capri set for boarding the ship. It's appropriate for dinner, so I'm all set. You will see shorts that first evening only. My luggage has always been at the cabin door lonnnnnng before dinner.

Archived