Kauai Heli - Blue Hawaiian or Air Kauai

hazeleyez3

They are both outstanding, with excellent safety records. The major difference is the type of helicopter. Air Kauai uses the A-Star, which has been the industry standard for years, and Blue Hawaiian uses the newer Eco-Star. Both are six passenger, but the Eco-Star claims to give more space for each passenger, which could be important on the rear seat for four people. I have flown the A-Star several times (all wonderful) but have not yet flown the Eco-Star.

• 2 weeks later...

We flew on the Air Kauai copter in July and it was fantastic. Our pilot Jody, a Vietnam vet, was terrific. I was surprised because I had never been on a helicopter before and there was no noise, none at all, once you put the headphones on and it was so smooth that you barely knew you were in the air. I mean, there was less motion on liftoff than there is backing out of a parking lot. The pictures were the best we took on the trip, including the second week that we spent on Kauai after the cruise. And you can see everything on the island, including stuff that would either be totally inaccessible or require hiking (Waimea, NaPali). By the way, they will pick you up from the ship which we didn't know- we took a taxi. It is not far so its not a big fare, but if we had known we would have arranged that. They did drive us back.

We were there 2 weeks ago. We booked Blue Hawaii helicopter tour. It was outstanding! I had never been in a helicopter and was very apprehensive. It was wonderful . They give a thorough safety review before you go and are very safety conscious. We were told they require many more hours of flight experience than other companys. So the pilots are well trained. You can buy a DVD at the end of your flight for $25.oo. It was well worth it. there are photos of you and your party. 2 of us sat in the back section and had no problem seeing everything!

It seats 2 up front with the pilot and 4 in the back. It is figured by weight.

Go for it..you will not regret it!:) :) :) :)

Archived