Entertainment and Dining Times

kszcruiser

Experienced cruiser, but first time on NCL (booked Spirit for 8/07). I assume the evening shows are the usual times. How do you work around going to dinner (which I've been hearing can be a 30 minute wait and 90 minutes from sit-down to dessert), and still have time for the shows? I'd love to have dinner starting at 8:30-9:00pm, but won't the early show still be in process and the late show already start by the time dinner is over? How does this work?

Restaurants open around 5:30 pm.

First show starts around 7:30 pm.

First show ends around 8:30 pm

Second show starts around 9:30 pm

Second shows ends around 10:30 pm

Restaurants close around 11:00 pm.

I have never had a problem attending the first show when dining immediately upon the restaurants opening. Making the second show would be a piece of cake. Likewise, one could easily dine after the first show. So, what's the problem?

Restaurants open around 5:30 pm.

First show starts around 7:30 pm.

First show ends around 8:30 pm

Second show starts around 9:30 pm

Second shows ends around 10:30 pm

Restaurants close around 11:00 pm.

I have never had a problem attending the first show when dining immediately upon the restaurants opening. Making the second show would be a piece of cake. Likewise, one could easily dine after the first show. So, what's the problem?

As you know, there is no problem, Ron.

We often go to the first show and eat afterwards, at about 8:30. On other nights, we eat early and still catch the first show. On our two cruises with "traditional" dining (Celebrity and HAL), we rarely could get through dinner in 90 minutes.

And no one gets dessert until they do their song and dance routine with traditional dining.

On the other hand I have to leave the restaurant before dessert to make the show and then I return to eat dessert later after the show. Freestyle provides opportunity to fit a square peg into a round hole, very flexible.. I have also had two dinner and two and three desserts with Freestyle dining. I have not been able to do so with traditional cruising.

When you say first show & second show, you do mean it's the same show at 2 timeslots, correct?

Or is it two different shows, because I know on carnival they had more than 1 different show (show not just showing) a night

When you say first show & second show, you do mean it's the same show at 2 timeslots, correct?

Or is it two different shows, because I know on carnival they had more than 1 different show (show not just showing) a night

It's the same show - two different time slots.

There may also be a "secondary" show in one of the bigger lounges. With a little careful planning you should be able to eat dinner and see both shows. If you let your waiter know you're trying to make a show at x:xx o'clock, they gladly speed up your meal so you can make it to the show on time.

Archived