Anyone use Weddings the Island Way?

Hi Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!! I see nobody has replied to your message yet so I figured I'd give you my 2 cents. I am getting married in Barbados this Sept but Barbados was my 2nd choice. I ORIGINALLY planned on getting married on Megan's Bay as well but Royal Caribbean changed our itinerary around & instead of St Thomas being the 1st island we ported at, it became the LAST and Barbados became the 1st. We didn't want to wait the entire week to get married and then come home the very next morning. So, we changed it to Barbados. Anyway, when I DID plan the St Thomas wedding I worked with Cheryl from Virgin Island Weddings (www.viweddings.com). SHE WAS FANTASTIC! She gave me everything I wanted & had a ton of ideas that I hadn't thought of. Her prices were FANTASTIC and she was so upbeat and made me feel like I was the only bride in the world! I have no input on WTIW but I've heard good things about them on these boards. Personally when I researched them before choosing VIW I felt like I was in a whirlwind. When I printed out their prices and what they offered I almost ran out of ink! I didn't know where to begin - everything down to a phone call to them cost something! Yes, they charge you to talk to them over the phone! Then again, you'll find many people here who LOVE them so all I can say is just look around & see who you click with the best. Go with your gut - I did and was soooo pleased with Cheryl. :D

I hired WTIW for my daughters wedding at Megans Bay and thought they were WONDERFUL! We worked with Tina Olive, very personable and will work with you to make sure everything is the way you want it for your special day. My daughter opted to get the wedding aisle and flowered arch and it was just beautiful. The earlier in the day or later in the afternoon are the best times as the beach will not be crowed. It was just beautiful and a perfect day. The whole time while planning the wedding I never stressed over any details, it was all taken care of. Everyone was great, the photgrapher, officient and of course Tina. I cannot give them enough praise, you will be pleased. Congratulations. Laura

Congratulations! I have posted before that I too am using WTIW. We are getting married in St. Thomas on February 26. We did not want to get married on the beach so opted for the Garden Terrace that WTIW provides. They have been great so far and have covered all of the details.

It is hot that time of year and a morning wedding is your best bet and more chance for a little privacy as Magen's Bay is a public beach. I chose a package that includes the transportation, ceremony, flowers, cake and upgraded the champagne for rum punch. I am bringing my own silk bouquet, so their bouquet will be for my matron of honor. I am using their photography and videography. They post their pictures on pictage.com for purchase or you can buy the CD of all of your pictures.

Now, we are just waiting. I'll post a review after the wedding. Good luck.

Heidi

Archived