How would you feel about it...

kpatter

[quote name='kpatter']I paid my $400+ bar bill last time, without teeth-gnashing. [/quote]

That's really not much of a bar bill.

[quote name='kpatter']It doesn't NEED to be enforced, none of it does. Whoever wants to keep taking potshots at me, go ahead...I just proposed a fictitious "what-if" to generate a little thought.

The "blasters" should consider what I'm asking, and quit judging people.

"IF" it was not allowed by Carnival to bring onboard some sunscreen (sure, that's preposterous, but so what), but you could buy theirs, would you smuggle in some sunscreen?
If so, how is that any different from smuggling in some booze?[/quote]

How is it different? Are you serious?

Sunscreen prevents cancer... sunscreen is essential for the protection of your skin and should be worn anytime out in the sun. Different people require different levels of protection. Alcohol consumption is in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM beneficial to your health (well, it would be to mine right now :p LOL) So comparing it to toothpaste, deoderant (important to those around you health), sunscreen, and other personal hygiene products is absurd. Perhaps compare it to chips, soft drinks, water, etc... things that are not essential or considered personal hygiene.

[quote name='big_duck']Well Kurbanfan's got ya there Dan. :p

Even though this is JAPT.[/quote]

Hate to inform you, but they are all pointless, but then you should already know that as you are a 10,000+ pointless posts poster.

Have you been recently appointed to the thread police?

I really just love people who have to post a pointless comment that the thread they have just read and posted on, is pointless.

Say that three times fast.

(Just trying to up my pointless post count!)

Cheers,
Peter

Enough, enough.
Reasoning with this board is like reasoning with a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get (sorry, Forrest).

We'll be on the Conquest, Sept. 23rd, out of Galveston.
We'll be the smiley, friendly people on deck without a worry in the world.
When we get to Cozumel, late in the day after a 3-hour tour of the island, we hope to stop in at the little store, in the Plaza, across the walkway from Fat Tuesday, and have a few Barilla cervezas with the locals like we did last year. We even bought them a couple of rounds of Barillas, and they were our best friends.

[quote name='kpatter']When was the last time you spent 7 straight days in a restaurant or bar?
Wouldn't there be a major drain on your credit card, sitting there all afternoon and evening, every day, drinking beer or wine or Sloe Gin Fizzes?
Besides, you're dodging my original question...what if Carnival prohibited bringing aboard basic stuff like sunscreen or mouthwash, and sold you theirs instead?[/quote]

Last time I spent 7 days in a bar? I could try for humor and say college, or getting back from Viet Nam, but I'll be serious---Never. But then I've never spent 7 days in a cruise ship bar either.
Dodging your original question? NO Thinking your original question is totally STUPID. Yes. The fact is that cruise line prices are very reasonable for their market. Just evidently not reasonable to the lock on YOUR wallet.

If you are tooooo cheap to cruise, or any thing else that demands a premium, then stay home.

Dan

Enough, enough.

Reasoning with this board is like reasoning with a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get (sorry, Forrest).

We'll be on the Conquest, Sept. 23rd, out of Galveston.

We'll be the smiley, friendly people on deck without a worry in the world.

When we get to Cozumel, late in the day after a 3-hour tour of the island, we hope to stop in at the little store, in the Plaza, across the walkway from Fat Tuesday, and have a few Barilla cervezas with the locals like we did last year. We even bought them a couple of rounds of Barillas, and they were our best friends.

Have a great cruise :D

Your dodging my original /answerquestion.How would it be enforced? How do you handle this with 9000 pieces of luggage? Are you going to snap on a glove and do a cavity search or pat down every person.

First off, straight from a horses mouth, so to speak, Checked luggage is not xrayed. they are sniffed by dogs sometimes, but not usually.

I was concerned because I have a gift for my fellow cruisemates in our thread, and it was magnatic. I was concerned how to get them on board. my pvp told me that if i put them in my suitcase, it would be ok because that luggage comes in in such huge amounts nearly 30+ bags to a holder that it is not xrayed. I was just concerned about how to get them on board because I did not want them to zap my camera cards, batteries, or even my credit cards.

First off, straight from a horses mouth, so to speak, Checked luggage is not xrayed. they are sniffed by dogs sometimes, but not usually.

I would not believe everything a PVP says:p Checked luggage is x-rayed.

From my own personal experience I know. When my luggage went thru

the x-ray machine they noticed something that looked like a weapon.(it was a unbrella)

Needless to say they went thru my luggage. I did not know until I arrived home and read the little note they left.

And no I did not fly to that port....

the x-ray machine they noticed something that looked like a weapon.(it was a unbrella)

Needless to say they went thru my luggage. I did not know until I arrived home and read the little note they left.

I agree... about the xray and listening to a PVP...

And horses? that is another story altogether :p

Dang, umbrella sniffing dogs.

That would be correct, I watched the poor guys doing it in FLL. Off of one crate through the machine and onto another crate. Those guys gotta be in shape.

If you are tooooo cheap to cruise, or any thing else that demands a premium, then stay home.

Dan

If you go on a cruise, you're going to be surrounded and trapped on a ship with thousands of people just like the ones you're attempting to blast. I'm sure that would be pure misery for you. Perhaps YOU should stay home!

If you go on a cruise, you're going to be surrounded and trapped on a ship with thousands of people just like the ones you're attempting to blast. I'm sure that would be pure misery for you. Perhaps YOU should stay home!

I wouldn't say thousands :p ... I would guess that a very small percentage smuggle. Sure....not just those on CC smuggle, but I would guess it isn't "thousands"... again, just a guess, could be that every passenger smuggles, but I doubt it :)

I wouldn't say thousands :p ... I would guess that a very small percentage smuggle. Sure....not just those on CC smuggle, but I would guess it isn't "thousands"... again, just a guess, could be that every passenger smuggles, but I doubt it :)

It never even occurred to me until I joined CC. But then neither did flying in the night before, bringing a bunjee cord, using zip ties and a brazilian other things.

I did manage to find the f-deck on my own though. ;)

quote=big_duck;11067211]It never even occurred to me until I joined CC. But then neither did flying in the night before, bringing a bunjee cord, using zip ties and a brazilian other things.

I did manage to find the f-deck on my own though. ;)

It didn't occur to me, because all I had to go off was my parents, and when they had cruised Carnival, you could buy alcohol duty free and take it back to your cabin... so I was planning on doing that for my first cruise... wrong! LOL!!! I do wish they would allow that though :o

And I have no doubt Duckie :p

What is F-deck???

Oh well. If they do xray, so what. Unless you have something to hide. who cares.

Medical equipment, and things that could cause a problem, should be carried on and not put in checked luggage. At least you can explain it to a human then if they say something about it.

What is F-deck???

Oh well. If they do xray, so what. Unless you have something to hide. who cares.

Medical equipment, and things that could cause a problem, should be carried on and not put in checked luggage. At least you can explain it to a human then if they say something about it.

F deck- funnel deck- adults only deck

NOt sure about the "who cares" part... i think some of the posts were in response to your "horse's mouth" explanation of you saying they don't xray...

Certainly people know their medical equipment well enough to know what can be checked and not (that is assuming a lot though, and I'm sure there are some that are clueless :p LOL)

Yeah! All 48 times so far.:p I must be a glutton for punishment.:eek: If you don't think its STUPID for someone to buy something and then bitch about the price afterward, well that's your choice.

You know the price in advance

You know the conditions in advance

You know the xtra costs in advance

You buy it with full knowledge.

Then you bitch, that's OK?

OK for you if you say so.

Dan

I was concerned because I have a gift for my fellow cruisemates in our thread, and it was magnatic. I was concerned how to get them on board. my pvp told me that if i put them in my suitcase, it would be ok because that luggage comes in in such huge amounts nearly 30+ bags to a holder that it is not xrayed. I was just concerned about how to get them on board because I did not want them to zap my camera cards, batteries, or even my credit cards.

I think you got the wrond end of the horse, but can you please explain your "straight from the horses mouth",or are you just making that up?:rolleyes:

I have had knives,spear gun, and booze taken.

I think you got the wrond end of the horse, but can you please explain your "straight from the horses mouth",or are you just making that up?:rolleyes:

Probably spoke to a PVP.

I have had knives,spear gun, and booze taken.

ROFLMAO!! Okay, I just have to ask (because everyone is thinking it)... WHY would you take a knife, SPEAR, or GUN on a cruise????? :eek: :eek: :eek: See, I am so glad they DO use xray! LOL!!!

ROFLMAO!! Okay, I just have to ask (because everyone is thinking it)... WHY would you take a knife, SPEAR, or GUN on a cruise????? :eek: :eek: :eek: See, I am so glad they DO use xray! LOL!!!

Hey doll, he said spear gun, and I would imagine diving knife. Okay, he didn't say it, he typed it. :p

Archived