Where does Insignia dock in Venice

topagent

We were on the Insignia in May, and we docked at San Basilico. There is a vaporetto stop a few minutes walk from the ship, and it was about a 20 minute walk from St. Mark's. There was also a water taxi booth right beside the vaporetto stop as well.

We were on the Insignia last month. The ship docked at "Stazione Marittima" which they claimed was the closest dock to St. Marks Square. We had a very short walk to the vaporeto. The number 82 vaporetto made about 5 stops (15-20 minutes) before dropping us off at St. Marks Square. We bought an all day pass for 13 euro. A water taxi will cost around 60-70 euro.

The ship docks where there is an open dock when they arrive (I've been told)

We docked in 2005 and there was a water taxi strike ($80.00 dollars for the water taxi--each way) We walked tp Saint Mark's Square--approx 5 miles each way!!!

Exhausting but fun. We did feel it the next day!!!!

We had lunch at Harry's Bar--for 4 people, 3 wines, 4 spaghettis and meat balls + one dessert (shared) the bill---$250.00.

Soooooo--- we saved $160.00 -each couple-on the taxi, but blew it on the lunch-almost. But it was a fun experience anyway. Docking depends on what is available when the ship arrives in port. Therefore you never know for sure

where the ship will be berthed in those ports.

Bon Voyage

Jan S

I had contacted Oceania for docking information for 8/20 Insignia cruise. They emailed that the dock for Venice is Pier No. 27 S. Basilio. However, they note that the location is subject to change.

I was in Venice in 2000 (land trip) and saw the Grand Princess dock very close to San Marco Square. We were on an inauguaral trip (I think late 1990's) of the Grand Princess and had to tender to San Marco Square. I guess it depends on how crowded Venice will be and I expect on the docking date the summer crowds are still around.

Archived