Godfrey Tour: Help Needed/???

vachocoholic

Hi, my family has reserved a tour with Godfrey in a few weeks.

I am wondering what, if any, provisions to bring along with us. Does he provide drinks (water)?. I am also assuming he stops for lunch, and potty breaks, how is this handled? We will have a 10am pick-up. We have 2 small children with us so these things are important! Thanks!

If you have a 10 AM pickup he's going to be dropping you off in town for some shopping. Before you meet him again at around 11:30-12:00 (he will give you the exact meeting time), you'll have had plenty of time to get "potty things" taken care of.

The next part of your tour with Godfrey consists of an island tour with stops where you can take photos. Your kids should do fine until you reach Mountain Top. There are potty facilities there and you can even purchase some snacks for your kids. I think we spend at MOST an hour there, if that.

From Mountain Top, he takes you to a beach: either Magen's, Coki, or Sapphire.

There is no formal "lunch time" set aside so you will need to plan accordingly. I don't recall if he provided water for us on our tour but you can probably bring some bottled water with you from the ship, if you wanted to.

Is the 1 1/2 - 2 hours of shopping enough ? Do you recall if there was an open air market ? Is there shopping at the top of the mountain ? We are going with Godfrey in September. Is a tip expected ? I had understood that he takes a large group. What time did you get back to the ship ?

Thanks for your help!:p

Is the 1 1/2 - 2 hours of shopping enough ?

It's more than enough time to pick up some nice jewelry or souveniers. ;)

Do you recall if there was an open air market ?

Yes. There's a flea market right in town and Godfrey leaves you off right near there. It's worth checking out! :D

Is there shopping at the top of the mountain ?

Shopping, food, pina coladas, margaritas, bahama mamas, etc. :p The better shopping is in town, though. Mountain Top mostly had really touristy things for sale.

Is a tip expected ? I had understood that he takes a large group. What time did you get back to the ship ?

We did tip him but I forget how much. I think it was like 15-20%. There were about 10-14 people in our group, which wound up being nice. By the time we got to Coki Beach, which we had unanimously chosen, we all sat in a group and took turns snorkeling & watching each others' belongings. Even if there were others in the group who would have preferred Magen's or Sapphire, Godfrey was ready to drop them off there as well. He will drop you back off at the dock in plenty of time -- at least a 1/2 hour before your ship departs.

Godfrey is wonderful! We were with him on July 18th. Well worth the price of his tour and a big tip. There is a public restroom right on the corner (across from the market vendors).

There's a great deli right up the street--powerful drinks too. PJ is the bartender.

Tanzanite International (my new favorite store) is right there too. We wanted more shopping time so we went back after the tour and Godfrey picked us up on the way back with the rest of the group. We brought our own drinks. He'll keep your packages inside his truck cab.

On the mountain top, I found the children's souvineer prices to be much higher than in town. Have a great time!!!

Archived