A few Explorer ?????

We have a D2 balcony. What type of shower closure is in the bathroom?

Curtain, door??????

How does the room safe work? I've read about magnetic strips needed.

Please explain

We are on the 5 night Bermuda. We would love opinions about the best night to reserve Portofino. What is the schedule for the dining room?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!:)

I did this cruise last year and it was wonderful. Click on the link in my signature for pictures. The safe was code type which you set with a 4 digit code.

We did Portofino on the first port night. It worked out well. And we still had time to go to the street festival right there at the dockyard.

Thanks Sue!!

Great pictures!!! Looks like there is a door on the shower? So, when is the famous Lobster night and is it worth it to be in the dining room that night? Should we book Portofino before we go or when we are on the ship? Thanks!

Thanks Sue!!

Great pictures!!! Looks like there is a door on the shower? So, when is the famous Lobster night and is it worth it to be in the dining room that night? Should we book Portofino before we go or when we are on the ship? Thanks!

Lobster night was the 4th night if I remember, it is now called Fisherman's Platter and it was a lobster tail (you can ask for seconds) and 3 shrimp. People have complained that the lobster was not what it used to be but both on the Explorer and the Brilliance the tails were huge and absolutely yummy!!

You can't book Portofino until you get on board. Just make it one of your first stops. this is the menu from LAST year and they have gotten rid of the Caribbean night and replaced it with Get out there night. They may have changed more but you will get the basic idea. Also if you want I have last years compasses, but I would need your email to send them

Sunday

Starters: Onion tart, Tomato soup, Chicken soup, Melon & Mango fruit plate, watermelon soup, seafood tapenade.

Entrees: Prime Rib, Atlantic Cod, NY Steak, Veggie Quesadilla, Pasta, Stuffed Chicken, Grilled Chicken, Shrimp Ravioli.

Desserts: Ivory chocolate fondue with berries, Apple Pie a la mode, Savarin

Monday Formal Night

starters: orange carpaccio, Shrimp cocktail, escargot, lobster bisque, oxtail broth, Golden Pear soup, caesar salad.

Entrees: Filet of beef, Mushroom Linguini Alfredo, Sea Bass, Roast Duck, eggplant with mozzarella. Linguini with marinara sauce, Salmon, Grilled Chicked and Top Sirloin.

dessert : Grand Marnier souffle, Cherries Jubilee, Double strawberry cheescake

Tuesday Caribbean night

starters: tropical fruit plate, seafood salad, veggie spring rolls, crab/shrimp bisque, pepperpot soup, bananarama soup, cedar key salad

Entrees:Pan seared snapper, Seafood Penne, Jerk Chicken,, Vegetarian Bami Goreng

Desserts: Bananas foster, Rain forest cake, Banana Cream Pie and Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee creme brulee

Wednesday

Peach soup, Cream of Asparagus soup, Fresh pineapple.

Entrees: BBQ Thai style chicken, prime rib, Fishermans platter (lobster and shrimp!) Fried tofu

Dessert: platter with flourless chocolate cake, passion fruit cheesecake

Thursday feast of nations.

Starters: Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Shrimp cocktail, spinach-sweet potato dip, onion soup, chilled berries in buttermilk soup and caesar salad for the table.

Entrees: Vodka and salmon cream pasta, Roast Turkey, NY Strip steak, Mahi Mahi tempura.

Desserts: key lime pie, banana parfait, brownie mudslide sundae.

Archived