UK connection with Caribbean cruise

Topcruise

Hi all,

I'm looking at a fly cruise from UK for 7 nights on Grand Princess leaving Fort Lauderdale. The info says flight from London to Miami. Any one any knowledge of which London airport, airline, direct flight, scheduled or charter, that kind of thing? Also, what type on hotel and where might you stay night before embarkation.?

Thanks for helping.

Hi,

We have sailed twice on Star Princess and are sailing 5th March,08 on Emerald Princess out of Fort Lauderdale. Each time our flights have been schedule flights with BA to Miami flying at either 09.30 or 13.45 and returning at either 17.30 or 20.45 with a pre-night stay at the Intercontinental West, Miami. We are also on the Emerald Transatlantic Venice - Fort Lauderdale 8th Oct, 07 and our return flight on that occasion is with A/Airline Miami - Heathrow.

I have read however that Princess are running charter flights with First Choice from Gatwick direct to Fort Lauderdale on the day of sailing on several Caribbean sailings in 2007/8. If the flight schedule you are interested in says Miami. I think you will be safe to assume your flights will be from Heathrow.

Hope that is of help.

Topcruise, If you or your TA telephone Princess they will tell you the planned airline and flight times. I agree with algieohno and would assume it to be Heathrow. However, we have flown with BA and Virgin, when planning next years holiday I was told it was American Airlines, in our case always schedule and always direct. Its also usually possible to get a cruise only price and arrange your own flights if that is what you would prefer.

algieohno, my husband and I are also on the 5th March Emerald cruise, theres an active roll call if you are interested.

We are (just) booked on 18 January on the Grand. Flying Virgin from Heathrow to Miami - staying at Intercontinental and returning from Miami to Heathrow on American Airlines. Verbal confirmation from TA - awaiting written - but could post again when received.

Hope this helps.:)

Glenda

Have travelled twice to Miami June 06 and July 07. Both times were with BA from LHR although this year most UK passengers were using the direct charter flight to Gatwick. Both times the Intercontinental Hotel was used .

A couple of points though, unless they are changing soon( and regardless of the brochure) you will be a group booking on BA meaning that you cannot check in online and may have difficulty getting seats together.

On disembarkation, you are taken back to the hotel and given an average meal but no individual day rooms and then if you opt for the later BA flight you are dumped at the Dolphin Mall for 2 or 3 hours before being taken to the hotel. This is not particularly pleasant when you consider that you will have been out of your cabin since about 8Am on that day and have a long flight ahead of you.

The staff on the transfer are good though.

Hi There,

Last year we flew Edinburgh Atlanta Ft L all in one day, this year

day one Edinburgh To London

day two London to Miami

day three Bus Miami to FT L

I will need two weeks just to recovery from this,

flight back one day.

yours Shogun

Archived