Best cabin location on ship?

shhhhh

What's the best cabin location on the ship for minimal motion, vibration, etc?

This will be our son's first cruise and he really has issues with motion sickness. Of course, we will have meds to help, but would also like to get a cabin in the ideal location to help prevent any sickness.

I always get the middle of the ship and have had no problems with motion sickness. I've been in the front once and I did feel motion there so that's why I always book a cabin in the middle usually on the empress deck because I like to be sandwiched between two cabin floors for the noise factor. ( another issue with me):) Have a great cruise!

I always get the middle of the ship and have had no problems with motion sickness. I've been in the front once and I did feel motion there so that's why I always book a cabin in the middle usually on the empress deck because I like to be sandwiched between two cabin floors for the noise factor. ( another issue with me):) Have a great cruise!

Great minds think alike Sherrie, I like being sandwiched between cabin decks as well. I love the Empress deck.:) August 3rd, Miami here I come.

midship, on a deck sandwiched btwn 2 pax decks (no public spaces above or below), but not too low or the slapping of the water against the ship might bother you.

if you cannot get midship, i'd go for aft over foreward...not too low of a deck there either. decks i like best for this position are upper or empress, depending on the class of ship (for example, upper on fantasy class is the winner though, b/c empress has public spaces above it; main wld be fine too; riviera , you might hear that slapping).

They say it's the middle of the ship, lowest deck.

Yep, we had 1291. Lowest deck, towards the middle in both directions. Crew deck underneath and crew cabins behind the bedhead. Only noise was from cabin next door one afternoon. Thought it was a very amorous couple until we saw the occupants coming out one day and it was a couple of youngsters. Hope no surprises for parents in months to come.

Didn't have a window and had to have wake up calls with no daylight to wake us up.

Even on the few occasions you had to steady yourself on the stairs on upper decks we did not feel any motion in our cabin.

Sending my TA a big hurrah for booking that cabin for us.

David

Yep, we had 1291. Lowest deck, towards the middle in both directions. Crew deck underneath and crew cabins behind the bedhead.

Didn't have a window and had to have wake up calls with no daylight to wake us up.

Even on the few occasions you had to steady yourself on the stairs on upper decks we did not feel any motion in our cabin.

Sending my TA a big hurrah for booking that cabin for us.

David

This is great advise but, I get the OV. I have bad motion sickness issues and It helps to look out at the horizan to settle the tummy on the two cruises it was and issue. (If I was in an inside I'd spend lots of time top side.) For the most part smooth sailing:D

Ginger works great without the side affects!!

Archived