bathing suits?

Dihead

What type of bathing suits are good for women with a little 'fluff' around the stomach area..

Is there maybe something that hangs looser in the midsection rather than accentuating a spare tire?

from what i have seen-the tankini is the way to go. color,style depend on other figure concerns. most importantly-do your best and relax and forget about it! take a good honest look at the people around you. my first cruise-well it wasnt "baywatch" (thank god) in fact even when i was on South Beach i saw plenty of the same walmart shoppers i see everywhere else! i think amt of time concerned with this should be minimal. have fun!

The stomach is my "trouble" area and I have found that Tankinis work well for me - especially when you can choose separate sizes for top and bottom. You can generally find tops that cover all (or most, if that's your choice) of your skin, and they come in some really cute styles. In my experience, wearing a 1 piece tends to draw more attention to your stomach than a 2 piece. A nice option for really downplaying the tummy is wearing a solid, dark color on the bottom, and something bright and colorful on top.

Good luck!

LOL,

I bought a bathing suit today from newport news. They have lots of options. The one I got was a one shouldered tankini and cute bottom. I like to drape a nice wrap around the waste..it helps..also if you are walking around, if you can wear heels, it elongates the legs.

Daphna

LOL,

I bought a bathing suit today from newport news. They have lots of options. The one I got was a one shouldered tankini and cute bottom. I like to drape a nice wrap around the waste..it helps..also if you are walking around, if you can wear heels, it elongates the legs.

Daphna

Be careful wearing heels on a wet deck, or if there is a lot of movement, no one wants you to break a leg or twist an ankle. :)

I've been debating buying this one:

http://www.swimsuitsforall.com/products.asp?product_id=100694&dept_id=100057&parent_id=100000

But it's price tag is holding me back since right now our November cruise to the Panama Canal is uncertain. (We might be switching to Australia/New Zealand in March, so it's a good trade!) I don't want to spend that much on a suit I might not wear until March. (There's always the hope I will shrink by then. Heh.)

I do love swimsuitsforall.com though. Great selection.

Robin

I bought my two mix and match tankinis online at www.landsend.com. They have a (depressingly accurate) model that you can plug in your measurements and see what items look like on you.

I have a tummy on me. I was dismayed to see how icky the model looked, but when I got a suit on her that looked good - it looked good on me, too.

What type of bathing suits are good for women with a little 'fluff' around the stomach area..

Is there maybe something that hangs looser in the midsection rather than accentuating a spare tire?

Good question!!!

http://www.swimsuitsforall.com/products.asp?product_id=100694&dept_id=100057&parent_id=100000

But it's price tag is holding me back since right now our November cruise to the Panama Canal is uncertain. (We might be switching to Australia/New Zealand in March, so it's a good trade!) I don't want to spend that much on a suit I might not wear until March. (There's always the hope I will shrink by then. Heh.)

Robin

This is a cute suit. I don't think the price is that bad, I've paid more for a swim suit.

I ordered it from Silhouettes, it is now on sale too.

Here's a direct link to the suit http://www.silhouettes.com/Parent.asp?product=505899x&dept%5Fid=16700

They also have a lot of suits that are not on sale on the regular website

http://www.silhouettes.com

Now that's a great price for a swim suit. I may have to pick this one up.:p

I bought my two mix and match tankinis online at www.landsend.com. They have a (depressingly accurate) model that you can plug in your measurements and see what items look like on you.

I have a tummy on me. I was dismayed to see how icky the model looked, but when I got a suit on her that looked good - it looked good on me, too.

I also purchased a couple of tankinis from lands end. Even with the tummy, they looked nice on me. Right now, some of the suits are on sale but hurry because quantities are getting pretty scarce.

Definitely a tankini with a PRINTED top. Actually shirts and dresses that are a print fabric can hide fluffy middles. I wear mostly all printed tops to hide my rolls. I saw that on a TV show once, maybe Oprah. And also I just read or saw that solid black dresses often shows more rolls than other colors and prints.

Robin

That is a really cute suit. I just looked on eBay (search Christina tankini) and found a very similar one (new with tags) for 38.00. There are a lot of good deals there.

I went to walmart last night and bought a suit that somewhat looks like this:

EB07IA_0121684_100C1?wid=300&hei=300&fmt=jpeg&qlt=75,0&op_sharpen=1&resMode=trilin&op_usm=0.5,1.0,0.0,0

although it doesn't hide every bump, it is black and It does draw your eye up towards the boob area because of the deep V halter style..but it was on sale for $7.00 so im not really going to complain all that much. Can't beat the price that's for sure!

Archived