One way tickets, TATL

cruisintwinsmom

Thanks for your offer to help with travel plans, Greatam.

Here goes:

SDF to BCN end of Nov 29/30

FLL to SDF Dec 16/17

Right now I can do LU SDF/CLT/MUC/BCN $425 (consolidator) FLL/SDF (SW or DL) $180 (Total $605)

Cruise Air $895

Would love to fly into another city NS, then go NS to BCN. Could do DL though ATL, but they prices for NS are outrageous. Could I ask for air deviation? The problem with deviation is that X only wants to fly us out of CVG, which I have done if the flight is NS, or a whole lot cheaper.

If I can't get a resonable fare then I probably won't go. Hate to pay more for this flight than for SDF-AMS RT this year.

Have considered Aer Lingus, but can't make the reservations work--must be doing something wrong.

Thanks for all your help!

Thanks for your offer to help with travel plans, Greatam.

Here goes:

SDF to BCN end of Nov 29/30

FLL to SDF Dec 16/17

Right now I can do LU SDF/CLT/MUC/BCN $425 (consolidator) FLL/SDF (SW or DL) $180 (Total $605)

Cruise Air $895

Would love to fly into another city NS, then go NS to BCN. Could do DL though ATL, but they prices for NS are outrageous. Could I ask for air deviation? The problem with deviation is that X only wants to fly us out of CVG, which I have done if the flight is NS, or a whole lot cheaper.

If I can't get a resonable fare then I probably won't go. Hate to pay more for this flight than for SDF-AMS RT this year.

Have considered Aer Lingus, but can't make the reservations work--must be doing something wrong.

Thanks for all your help!

Here you go: Total price-$561.08-not much of a saving and you may be able to do better on the US flights yourself. I won't fly SW unless its an emergency, but you may be able to get better prices on them. You are much better off flying out of SDF-CVG for the same dates is almost $200 higher.

Nov 30

Continental flight 2178-leave SFT-9:25AM through Cleveland to BOS-arrive 1:15PM-Price 261.60pp

Aer Lingus Flight-136-leave Boston 6:15, arrive Dublin 5:15AM

Aer Lingus Flight-562-leave Dublin 7:10AM, arrive BCN 10:40AM

Total price-$299.48pp

Return from Palm Beach-Continental flight 1784, leave Dec. 17 at 12:30PM

through Cleveland - flight 5595- leave Cleveland at 4:45, arrive SFT at 6:00PM.

Thanks!!

I can't get the price quite as low as you did, but think it was because I went out of FLL rather than Palm Beach.

Will discuss with DH, then try to book. Would rather do this than go thru the consolidator.

Again, Thank you for your help.

Happy Sailing!

This isn't my post (obviously!) but I've been reading everything avidly - trying to learn how to do this.

My question to GreatAM:

I noticed that you routed her through W Palm Beach instead of FLL. Is that a close connection? I ask because our one-way comes from FLL also, and not many connections to ABI (DFW). But W Palm Beach is offered.

Thanks, and excuse me CTM! Hope it works out and you have another greatt cruise.

Carol

This isn't my post (obviously!) but I've been reading everything avidly - trying to learn how to do this.

My question to GreatAM:

I noticed that you routed her through W Palm Beach instead of FLL. Is that a close connection? I ask because our one-way comes from FLL also, and not many connections to ABI (DFW). But W Palm Beach is offered.

Thanks, and excuse me CTM! Hope it works out and you have another greatt cruise.

Carol

Not particularly close (but you're from Texas, so it's close)-about 45 miles.

However, on "cruise days", the West Palm airport is much quieter and an easier connection IMHO. AND sometimes there are bargains into West Palm which are not available in FLL. In the case of cruisintwinsmom, the difference was almost $100.00pp. More than enough difference to absorb a rental car or shuttle. And she was flexible on her departure day, which made the savings even better.

You will have to determine the airfare difference between FLL and PBI and add in limo, shuttle, or rental car, to determine IF you are saving any money. Rental car will usually run you about $30.00 for the day. Figure in two hours to pick up rental car and drop it off.

Archived