Carnival Victory Hits Building as it Docks

site41

Just saw a blurb on the local New York/New Jersey news (WNBC Channel 4). I guess the ship hit a building while docking this morning in NYC. The bow of the ship looks to have sustained most of the damage. From the picture the news aired, it does not look like it was severe damage structural damage. I tried to find an online article to back my post up, but no luck.

I just booked the 5 day cruise on the Victory last week for the August 11th sailing....

Site41

That is one nasty oops. Probably won't delay her much though.

Perhaps the Captain was haning out with the shuttle crew?

Probably just came in a little hot because of all the passengers beotching about catching early flights.

LOL...

Someone from the upcoming cruise will probably write to UB wanting some sort of compenstion becuase the ship is no longer "pretty":rolleyes:

I actually can not believe it does not happen more often

Isnt it amazing how the Captain can steer a vessel of these sizes into the NY Harbor

And what about Bermuda!!

Its Impressive

I know, I thought the same thing... it's amazing that it doesn't happen more often.

Just saw a blurb on the local New York/New Jersey news (WNBC Channel 4). I guess the ship hit a building while docking this morning in NYC. The bow of the ship looks to have sustained most of the damage. From the picture the news aired, it does not look like it was severe damage structural damage. I tried to find an online article to back my post up, but no luck.

I just booked the 5 day cruise on the Victory last week for the August 11th sailing....

Site41

Whomever had the helm pushed the thrusters just a might too hard and slammed into the dock.

Someone is in trouble. The last time something happened like this in NYC was when the person at the helm of the Staten Island Ferry fell asleep at the wheel, slammed into the dock and caused some needless senseless deaths and quite a few life maiming injuries.

This should NOT happen to a cruise ship with multithrusters, tugboats guiding it in, etc.

I'm sure the investigation is going to conclude some form of human error.

Can't blame machines for everything.

BnB

Whomever had the helm pushed the thrusters just a might too hard and slammed into the dock.

Someone is in trouble. The last time something happened like this in NYC was when the person at the helm of the Staten Island Ferry fell asleep at the wheel, slammed into the dock and caused some needless senseless deaths and quite a few life maiming injuries.

This should NOT happen to a cruise ship with multithrusters, tugboats guiding it in, etc.

I'm sure the investigation is going to conclude some form of human error.

Can't blame machines for everything.

BnB

I remember that accident on the ferry. Horrible horrible tragedy. :(

Will they let the next cruise go out? Or maybe just delay it?

I guess that will depend on how much damage was done - I think the coast guard has to inspect the ship.

RCI had a ship smack the pier in Costa Maya and I think they were stuck there for 3 days...that would have really sucked...N O T !!

I guess that will depend on how much damage was done - I think the coast guard has to inspect the ship.

RCI had a ship smack the pier in Costa Maya and I think they were stuck there for 3 days...that would have really sucked...N O T !!

Yeah, but that one had a tear at the waterline though.

Victory looks like it just bumped it's nose.

Yeah, but that one had a tear at the waterline though.

Victory looks like it just bumped it's nose.

Yep, more serious damage but a much beter delay ;)

grandeur_accident_ml.jpg

What about the pilot? Doesn't the ship at some point become their responsibility? Especially in a heavy traffic area?

Never except in the Panama Canal. The ships master is always responsible. The Pilot gives advice only.

Archived