Grand Cayman - renting a car - we want to visit 7 mile beach.. help?

Toddcan

I keep coming back to this forum to find the answers to my questions, or comments on our situation, but nothing in the existing posts fits the bill, so please bear with me as I ask the questions.

We are a family of 5.

Me: Loves to Snorkle. IT doesn't have to be the best snorkleing in the world, as long as there are a decent amount of rocks/coral/fish, I'm happy. I could snorkle for 4-5 hours easily.

My Wife: She loves to sit back on the beach and relax. She might snorkle for 20-30 minutes, then she'll want to check out any local shops, grab a bite to eat at a local restaurant, listen to music on the beach, etc.

3 Boys (18, 13, 11). They all want to do "stuff". Swimming is good. Snorkeling is good, but only 20-30 mintes at a time, then on to something else. If there are vendors renting waverunners, and a lot of activity on the beach, they would be happy.

Now.. the dilema.. I'm pretty sure we cannot satisfy everyone at 1 single location along 7 mile beach. But, if we can rent a car, and drive to 2-3 different places, then all will be happy.

Now the questions:

1. Does a single location exist that might meet everyones desires?

2. Where can I rent a car? I know of the rental agencies at the airport, but that's a shuttle ride from the port, right? I remember reading of a rental agency right at the port, within blocks, infact, but I cannot find any information. I thought it was "Andy's", but they only have offices at the airport and up along 7 mile beach.

3. If you were me, what 2, or 3 locations would you go to meet our desires? Remember, we have a car :)

Thanks in advance!

oh, I just after quite awhile here read the sticky all about caymens.... after a read of this, I think you'll have some good ideas. Just when I thought I had this site down I find wonderful surprises:D

Archived