Eze assistance-Hlitner

Hello Hank,

I have read several of your posts and would like to thank you for all the information you provide, it certainly has been beneficial to us as we prepare for our vacation.

We, a party of 6 adults, are interested in visiting Eze and Monaco (Monaco is a must see for two in our group). We will be in port from 7am to 8pm on a Friday in VF. We can’t decide on the most efficient plan and would love to get your suggestions.

We are thinking along these lines; take the 100 bus from VF to Monaco in the morning then take the 112 bus to Eze early afternoon. After visiting Eze take the bus down to the train station and take the train back to VF. Wondering if the bus ride to Monaco is worth the view or if the train would be better. Also read that doing Eze first and then Monaco may be a better way to go. Any suggestions?

Thanks again for taking the time to post, truly appreciate the input.

Anne

Hope somebody comes through soon.

Hank is quite active on this board so will probably respond soon. I would respond as we have done exactly what the OP is asking about, but since the question is directed at Hank thought it appropriate not to butt in. :)

Susan, feel free to add your comments:) .

I have seen Hanks posts on most of the searches I did so I thought it would be fun to get his take our what is probably our plan. But I'll gladly take advice from anyone who's been there and did it on there own.

Anne

Hi Anne,

Hank must be away ... perhaps off on another exciting vacation. :)

We went to Eze first because of the timing of our port day (10 a.m. till 11 p.m.). Took Bus #100 from VF to Eze bord du Mer, #83 up to Eze Village, bus #112 to Monte Carlo and then the train back to VF. (If you get a transfer on #100, it's good for #83.)

Since bus #83 is so infrequent, we felt it would be better to return from M.Carlo in the late afternoon, where there were more bus/train options. Bus #83 connected perfectly with our bus from VF in the morning.

I think that either way would work for you - esp. if you know the exact bus/train times and have a back up plan in case your first choice fails.

Enjoy your cruise!:)

Thanks Susan, I did realize that the 100 bus stopped at Eze bord du Mer so that we could catch the #83 bus stop up to Eze. Good to know !

Hey Darren... we're on the cruise right before yours, departing in Barcelona on the 7th Happy Trails

Archived