Did Anyone Bring There Own Gps ?

Eagle1

Aloha, I Just Got A Garman Gps For My Birthday And Not Use To It, I Was Wondering If Anyone Took Their Own Gps, How Did It Work And If It Had To Be Reset For Hawaii, Was It Helpful Or Did You Not Need It. The One My Sons Gave Me Is The Street Pilot C330 It Works Great But It Is Shaped Like A Fist And Not One You Could Put In Your Pocket So I Will Have To Get A Case And Carry It Along With My Cameras Not Wanting To Leave Anything In The Car. We Are On The Poh In Oct.and Have Cars Rented In Each Port, Any Info Will Be Appreciated. Mahalo !

Have used a Garmin eTREX Legend handheld for 5+ years in Hawai'i with great results. It came with US maps pre-loaded and includes Hawaii and Alaska (was there just last week).

I confirmed that Haleakla is indeed 10,023 at the summit. I also upgraded the f/w last year to display negative elevation and used it on the submarine in Kona to -40 feet.

pretty cool!

2Scots

A friend just returned from Amsterdam and said she would NEVER travel again without GPS ..she said it was GREAT

Think I will look in to getting DH one of these for xmas for our January Hawaii cruise ... we have rented cars in every port ...I think this is a great idea

thanks so much

We take ours on every cruise. My husband likes to go on deck and "see where we are".

I upgraded and now have all the streets with navigation. I already checked that we have Hawaii. We're renting cars in every port so it's a must have!

We also like to geocach so we use it for that as well.

Enjoy!

Kristi

Archived