Roll Call - Queen Mary 2 - Sept. 17-29, 2004 - NEW ENGLAND/CANADA

Terrence Richards

We received our "Travel Documents" booklet in the vinyl case with the QM2 logo on it yesterday. So, the twelve day cruise to Quebec City, roundtrip from NYC, is approaching for my wife and I.

Who else on this Forum will be onboard with us?

We would like to organize a get together, as previous Forum members did, in the Commodore Club on Deck 9 on our second night onboard sometime before dinner. We are dinning in the Brittanina Restaurant at the first seating which is at 6:30 pm.

Counting the days............Terrence

I will be part of a group of 10 put together by our travel agent. I know all but two of the folks. I expect to have early seating in Britannia, but saw no mention of when we eat in the documents. I will put the CC Party on my schedule and hope to meet you there.

Thanks for the response.

Keep reading this post on the Forum, so we can finalize our meeting with others.

I have read many postings from those who already sailed, crossed, cruised on the Queen Mary 2 and stated that the first seating in the Britannia Restaurant was a 6:30 pm.

If anyone else reads this, please let us know if we have the correct time.

Terrence

Hi Terrence,

My DH and I will be on the QM2 on Sept 17th as well. Are there any more of us here? We are looking for a couple of bridge players to join us at a game or two.

If we can get a group of cc members together for a sailaway drink that would be great. How about meeting at an outside bar while we wave goodbye to old New York (maybe before Muster Drill). What do you think?

CruisinConnie

Hi Cruisin Connie,

Thanks for the response. The only bridge my wife and I can deal with is the one at the bow of the ship. Sorry, we are not card players, but we would like to arrange a get together for all CC members.

As I previously posted, previous CC members have met on the second night out in the Commodore Club on Deck 9 just before dinner. Since there are only a few of us CC members on board so far, we can surely make our arrangements here. We will be in Newport on the second day and that may determine if we all would be able to get back onboard, get dressed for dinner, and meet.

Where are you and DH (does that mean darling husband) dinning? My wife (DW) and I are in the first seating in the Brittania Restaurant which I assume is sometime around 6:15 pm.

Cinema 15 and Darrel6T what do you think about where and when to meet?

We now have 17 days till our QM2 cruise!

Terrence

Hi guys, I have been on the QM2 and what a ship it is. I plan to come to Newport when she comes in. If you need any tips on what to see in town while you're here, feel free to ask. I live near by and know where to go to eat and places to see.

Have a great trip and I hope the service has improved by now.

I'm sooo envious - You are in for a real treat! I was in Maine the month of August, and every Down Easterner is planning to come down to Bar Harbor to greet you on the 27th (my mom included). If the weather is clear, take the excursion that takes you to the top of Cadillac Mountain - the view is breathtaking. Make sure to take in a New England Dinner with boiled lobster. You will surely see whales if you go out on the whale watch - say hello to Triton and Vixen for me if you do. Best souvenir - a watermelon tourmaline. Have a great time!

Robert 1132 and Shipping Out:

Thank you for your response and offers of help and good wishes.

My wife and I selected the first New England/Canada cruise of the Queen Mary 2, because we saw it as a "maiden voyage" to the six ports we will visit. I am sure there will be a welcome in Quebec City where we dock overnight, because the Queen Mary 2 was built in France. Our overnight stop in Halifax should also be eventful, because that is the home of Samuel Cunard.

Terrence

Archived