Getting Married

I was hoping I could get some feedback. I am planning on getting married on RCCL next April on Adventure of the Seas . Before booking, I was hoping to get any advice, comments anyone may have.

I have never been on RCCL before, but my fiance has (I have been on Princess a few times). A friend of ours got married a few years ago on RCCL and had a great experience.

I tried doing a search, but couldn't find much on weddings on RCCL. But might just be the user problem ;)

Thanks in advance for your help!

I was hoping I could get some feedback. I am planning on getting married on RCCL next April on Adventure of the Seas . Before booking, I was hoping to get any advice, comments anyone may have.

I have never been on RCCL before, but my fiance has (I have been on Princess a few times). A friend of ours got married a few years ago on RCCL and had a great experience.

I tried doing a search, but couldn't find much on weddings on RCCL. But might just be the user problem ;)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Congratulations to you and your fiance! Don't know anything about the weddings though. Contact RCCL directly and they'll answer all your questions.

Congrats!!! I'm having our wedding on the Adventure of the Seas also! We're going in January and getting married on the beach in Aruba. We have 23 people booked so far.

Planning a cruise/island wedding is definitely not as easy as I thought it would be but it's much easier than a traditional one - and way more memorable!!! Unless you're actually getting married ON the ship (as opposed to on an island) I would say to definitely NOT go with Royal Romance, Royal Caribbeans wedding planners. Most of the feedback on them is pretty negative, and it's much cheaper and you have alot more control if you go with an island based planner. I tried them at first but opted NOT to deal with them after one conversation. :p Of course if you're getting married on the ship you'll have to go with them, but definitely check out the wedding/honeymoon board. There's not as much activity on them as on the RCI boards, but it's nice to hear about other peoples experiences and know that your not the only one in the world getting married on a cruise!! :D

Good luck!!

Laura

I had looked into it a year ago, and DH and I had a specific date in mind and one thing RCI doesn't do is marry you at sea. You have to be in a port. Don't remember the reason, but Princess will marry you at sea. I'm pretty sure that's the way it was a year ago, but don't quote me on that. I found the info on RCI's website. DH and I would up running to Vegas instead! Congrats on your upcoming wedding.. I always thought it would be soooo romantic.. but we took a different route. Went on Freedom for our 1st anniversary in April!

Thanks everyone for their replies. There is TONS of information all over the boards so I appreciate everyone taking the time to reply to me.

Laura, I had a question for you...I noticed you said you were getting married in Aruba. I did a little research on some wedding planners that I think you actually listed in another thread. Cayena? She mentioned she was doing a wedding in January in Aruba. Is that yours? I would love to talk to you about your experiences with her and what you did. I am sort of at a loss.

Also, are you doing anything aboard the ship at all? I was wondering what sort of reception you were getting from RCCL since you weren't booking a wedding through them.

If anyone has any additional advice...I am all ears!

Thanks again,

Colleen

I did some research to have a July wedding while cruising and recall the licenses would be an issue for me. I have limited vacation time. Check the wait period for each port. St. Thomas was easy by doing everything from home ahead of time and I think San Juan had more requirements for your license and you would need to arrive 3 or more days early to take care of everything.

If anyone gets married off ship in St Thomas check out simpleislandweddings.com, Colllen Madden is wonderful to work with. I was not able to get married in St. Thomas as we had planned and she was so understanding.

Have a great time!

I was married almost 6 years ago on the Majesty in Miami. I never had a problem with Royal Romance and I kept everything I printed with them. We were even able to get married by a freind of ours from St. Louis who is also able to marry people in Florida. We had the pre wedding diner at Bayside in Miami at Bubba Gumps. We had about 60 people about 45 were non sailing guests.

Lexi

Thanks everyone for their replies. There is TONS of information all over the boards so I appreciate everyone taking the time to reply to me.

Laura, I had a question for you...I noticed you said you were getting married in Aruba. I did a little research on some wedding planners that I think you actually listed in another thread. Cayena? She mentioned she was doing a wedding in January in Aruba. Is that yours? I would love to talk to you about your experiences with her and what you did. I am sort of at a loss.

Also, are you doing anything aboard the ship at all? I was wondering what sort of reception you were getting from RCCL since you weren't booking a wedding through them.

If anyone has any additional advice...I am all ears!

Thanks again,

Colleen

Hi Colleen - I just answered a few of your questions on the other board but I'll post some other things in this one. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you! Usually I'm very prompt but I was camping in the Berkshires all weekend w/no computer access - lol.

Well the thing with Royal Romance is that they're great if you just want a simple, easy wedding, but you're not allowed to customize very much at all. And you are constantly dealing with different planners instead of just one, in my experience. They told me we had to go straight back to the ship directly after we took photos after the ceremony, and that was with a 10am wedding. HA! The ship is in Aruba until 8pm, mind you - lol. They wouldn't let us even do a land reception, we had to have it inside the ship. I also asked if I could have a later (anytime after 10am) wedding because I don't want to wake up at 7am and be rushed and tired on my wedding day and they said "you can put in a request for what time you'd like to get married but we operate strictly on logistics, so we basically have to do what works best for us". Yeeeeaah, okay. And they charge way more than all the other island based companies I've spoken with. But I think if you want a simple wedding that will fit into one of their packages and don't want to customize it too much they might be okay to deal with.

I'm going with 2go Aruba weddings and they're awesome so far.

Good luck!

Laura

Archived