POH 8/27/07 Sold Out? Kona & Hilo swapped?

lvcruises

I was on the NCL website this afternoon checking pricing, hoping I could say our pricing had gone down, but to my surprise the 8/27 date is no longer showing up as a date for the POH. Has anyone else seen this, does it mean it is sold out?

Also I checked my edocs and NCLA seems to have moved Kona to the Hilo day (tues) and Hilo to the Kona date (Fri). I contacted NCL excursions desk since my excursions didn't change and they are looking into strange event. They seem to show the change but none of the excursions have been moved to accomidate the date changes.:confused: I'm waiting to hear back from NCL on if this is a glitch or if NCLA really swapped the port days.

I was on the NCL website this afternoon checking pricing, hoping I could say our pricing had gone down, but to my surprise the 8/27 date is no longer showing up as a date for the POH. Has anyone else seen this, does it mean it is sold out?

Also I checked my edocs and NCLA seems to have moved Kona to the Hilo day (tues) and Hilo to the Kona date (Fri). I contacted NCL excursions desk since my excursions didn't change and they are looking into strange event. They seem to show the change but none of the excursions have been moved to accomidate the date changes.:confused: I'm waiting to hear back from NCL on if this is a glitch or if NCLA really swapped the port days.

Aloha,

Did they tell you whether the ship is sold out? I was checking the other day and didn't see any changes, but noticed that most of the rooms were sold, but there were still upper priced villas and courtyards left. Let us know what you find out from NCL. The change won't really matter to us because we don't have anything scheduled but it will effect those that have excursions planned outside of NCL. See you at Balai Hai!

Mahalo,

Kat

Hi Kat

No NCLA didn't tell me anything. I was just on their website and was checking pricing. Our date isn't available anymore. From what i've read on the board that usually means its sold out. I was just wondering if anyone else had seen the same thing.

I would love to see the Upsell fairy but seems I'm not gonna be one of the lucky ones.:(

See ya in 24 days.

I just got a call back from Crystal @NCL. She has confirmed that we are in Kona 8/28 and Hilo 8/31. You will probably want to call and verify for yourself. I pulled new eDocs and they have the port change on them. She told me the excursions would be fixed on the ship, I'm hping they will get that all fixed before hand. Let me know what you hear. She did tell me that NCLA is suppose to be letting us know by phone\email or mail about the change in the itinerary.

I've noticed the same as you. I can't select 8/27/07 POH from the NCL website and Hilo and Kona have been switched on my eDocs.

I wonder if this is only for the 8/27 sailing or if it affects others as well. Not sure why they did this. It only messes up the excursions that have been booked in advance.

The only good take away from this news is that it gives us three more days for Kilauea to start sending some lava towards the ocean again.

While us cruisers may not like it, the monthly arrival of fuel or cargo pick up is more important to the islanders than a cruise ship full of picking up the sugar cane or pineapple crop. Some of the cargo ships sail worldwide, and represents the islands imports and exports. I do not think there is a city or town in America where tourism beats agriculture.

I believe this is the second time this year that port has had a conflict. These cargo ships do have priority. Its not much of a problem with NCLA though, they just switch port days between Hilo and Kona. Simple fix.

Unfortunately, it does happen every so often, once or twicre a year. NCLA does not catch this a year in advance when they post their itineraries, but a few months before they are informed there is a conflict, NCLA corrects the itinerary.

The vendors on the islands know, and do accommodate. Instead of serving you one day they will sserve you on another. NO BIG DEAL...

While us cruisers may not like it, the monthly arrival of fuel or cargo pick up is more important to the islanders than a cruise ship full of picking up the sugar cane or pineapple crop. Some of the cargo ships sail worldwide, and represents the islands imports and exports. I do not think there is a city or town in America where tourism beats agriculture.

I believe this is the second time this year that port has had a conflict. These cargo ships do have priority. Its not much of a problem with NCLA though, they just switch port days between Hilo and Kona. Simple fix.

Unfortunately, it does happen every so often, once or twicre a year. NCLA does not catch this a year in advance when they post their itineraries, but a few months before they are informed there is a conflict, NCLA corrects the itinerary.

The vendors on the islands know, and do accommodate. Instead of serving you one day they will sserve you on another. NO BIG DEAL...

Thanks Don for the information. The rep at NCLA said she thought it might be a ship conflict, I thought it was another cruise ship. This makes more sense.

We are lucky our excursions are with POH for those ports. For others though they will need to make some calls. Hopefully NCLA will contact everyone in advance.

Just got off the phone with NCL, and yes, our dates for Hilo & Kona are flip-flopped - Kona is now 8/28 and Hilo is now 8/31. The rep could not give me a reason why, but said since it is not an itinerary change, they have the right to do it. She said the reps usually receive an e-mail advising them of any change, and so far they have not received that. She did tell me I do not have to reprint my e-docs reflecting the change. So, onward and upward -- next step, contact the car rental agencies.

Hi Greatlakes, They didn't happen to tell you if the edocs would be updated to reflect the correct excursions for the date changes or if we would have to wait till we were on the ship? The rep I talked to made it sound like the changes wouldn't be made till we were on the ship. Kat posted on our roll call that she had problems with car rentals on Kona, have you had any issues. Guess this is one way NCLA shows its better to book with them, they would make the changes for you, kind of like not leaving you if you book your excursions thru them instead of another company. 21 more days and counting.

IVCruise,

I re-printed my e-docs today (hubby wanted the correct ones). We are not booking any tours thru' NCL so don't know if they will make the appropriate changes for you or not. As for re-booking a car rental in Hilo, Thrifty was sold out, but we booked with Enterprise at a really good rate. I know it is off-site and not at the airport, but they do run a shuttle. Hopefully, it will work out for us. We were not planning to rent a car in Kona.

While I am not upset about it, and have re-worked our rental cars, excursions, etc. It could be a big deal to those that do not know yet, and have made reservations independently (as opposed to with NCL).

The independent shore excursion people know of the change, I would not expect them to show up with no ship in port. They will honor your booked excursions on the day you arrive. Think about it a bit. If they don't honor your booked excursion on the day you do arrive, everyone is going to hit them in the reviews.

Archived