Stolen Items While On Board?

vafamily5

The last 10% will never take advantage of a situation no matter what it is. If they notice an error, they will call it out.

These are some very hard numbers but think about it. Have you ever gotten a "Deal" on something? A free drink? or an extra something? Did you point out the situation to see if it was an error or a true special? Most people keep their mouth shut and get out of there as soon as they can before the error is detected. In other words, "THEY PLAY DUMB" and take advantage of the opportunity.

This combinded 100% of the people make up every situation, every home town and every vacation. We must all look out for ourselves and belongings and "BE A PART OF THE LAST 10%"!

Please, feel free to FLAME ME if you disagree. But, Look inside yourself before you do it and decide what percentage you are in.

Pjzplace, you nailed it. But here's an "acid test" for cruisers: Do you think it's OK for two people to use one soda card? That's theft too, but I'm amazed at the number of people on these boards who would never dream of lifting your camera, but are perfectly OK with drinking Cokes they didn't pay for. Maybe it doesn't count because it's "only" stealing from the cruiseline? Just a thought... ;)

ok now I feel bad..I am not going to smuggle any adult beverages onboard the ship today...I will take my one bottle of wine ...and a few waters...have a good week everyone! I will be on the Paradise with my daughter. If we find anything, You can bet your booty that we will turn it in the the proper place...:D

it is very disheartening to read accts on here about pax stealing from fellow pax.:( i can assure you, if any of you are ever on cruise w/ me, and lose something that i have found, it will be turned in.

shame on any reading this (if there are any, and not saying there are), who have ever stolen from a fellow pax.

Had a couple hundred dollars in books stolen from my cabin. Steward left the door open by accident and when I returned, poof books gone bye bye. I guess it was ok, I was reading them for review and my insurance covered the books. One thing I can say, it was like pulling teeth trying to get a report from Carnival.

Pjzplace, you nailed it. But here's an "acid test" for cruisers: Do you think it's OK for two people to use one soda card? That's theft too, but I'm amazed at the number of people on these boards who would never dream of lifting your camera, but are perfectly OK with drinking Cokes they didn't pay for. Maybe it doesn't count because it's "only" stealing from the cruiseline? Just a thought... ;)

You are exactly right and those who smuggle booze on cruiseships are stealing as well. But somehow in their minds it all seems justified.

You are exactly right and those who smuggle booze on cruiseships are stealing as well. But somehow in their minds it all seems justified.

i have never purchased a soda card or smuggled, so i'm not trying to justify my position per se, but, you cannot honestly equate stealing a fellow pax camcorder to bringing a couple of drinks on board.

I'm going to be quite honest here, I feel no sympathy for the people who have ever lost something. To me, if you forget your camera on a bench, deck, lounge, or where ever, it obviously didn't mean that much to you. My camera and I stick like glue, same goes for iPod, cell phone, etc. You don't just leave something there, at that value and "forget" it. If anything more people should kick themselves and not lash out on the; steward, police, or whomever they feel to vent on. Feel free to flame, but that is my take on it.

As far as finding a 20 dollar bill or a wad of money on a street or something, with no one around.....you can bet I'm going to take it. And I like to see one of you guys find a 20 dollar bill just laying there, with no one around and not take it.

:( Some people are easily distracted and that doesn't mean that they do not value their personal property if they misplace something. On the other hand, someone who takes something from another passenger on a cruise ship.......shame on you.

I purchased my booze with cold hard cash before I bring it on board :cool:

I even still have the receipt for it. Would you like me to post it?

Please tell me how that is stealing:confused:

i have never purchased a soda card or smuggled, so i'm not trying to justify my position per se, but, you cannot honestly equate stealing a fellow pax camcorder to bringing a couple of drinks on board.

It is what it is ....just like I said people somehow justify that a little stealing is ok.

I purchased my booze with cold hard cash before I bring it on board :cool:

I even still have the receipt for it. Would you like me to post it?

Please tell me how that is stealing:confused:

Kurb I think they mean stealing from the cruise line.

Kurb I think they mean stealing from the cruise line.

yeah...like kurb's couple of beers allows her to have a zero S&S tab, save for tips.:rolleyes:

hey, it really isn't fair that they allow a couple of bottles of wine, but not a couple of bottles of beer, now is it?

wow! I never thought of that :eek: In March a drink fell over and drowned my new digital camera. I never even thought to turn it over to insurance.

I might if it was my husband's new $1500 one, but for $100 or $200 I would not. Numerous small claims are a very good way to get canceled.

Not quite a 'cruise' related story, but sort of on topic... A few years ago I was working waiting tables at nights. I'm an accountant by day, so this was just sort of my way of interacting with the general public... I loved it.. enjoyed having to read people.

Well one night I had this couple sitting at one of my booths.. It seemed like they just wanted privacy, so I left them alone, only interacting when needed. After they left I went over to clean off their table and found HIS wedding band. I went running outside to find them, but they had both left. They had paid by CC, so I looked through my slips and figured out which bill it was, so we could try and contact them.

After talking to a few other waiters/waitresses who had observed the couple it appeared that they may have been in the middle of a divorce.

That was my last night waiting tables, so I never got to find out if the gentleman got his ring back... how sad.

:( Some people are easily distracted and that doesn't mean that they do not value their personal property if they misplace something. On the other hand, someone who takes something from another passenger on a cruise ship.......shame on you.

Uhm, it's not like I would steal the person's camera if they lost it. Depending on the situation I would just leave it there or turn it in. Well, I believe that they didn't care for it if they left it there. Now that I think about it even more, there is no such thing as "forgot". It is just a nice way of saying... "Not caring for your personal items". I don't believe in distraction either, you're expensive belongings should be number one on your list to worry about.

There are also numerous ways to even prevent this from happening. Keep your camera around your neck at all time, put jewelry back in it's box, or rightful place, always do a double check of the room before leaving, and don't put your items on a towel, all you are saying by putting your camera on a towel is that "hey, come look at my great 1500 dollar camera, it's up for grabs!". My gosh, it's common sense.

And it's more like "shame on the people for losing it in the first place."

Uhm, it's not like I would steal the person's camera if they lost it. Depending on the situation I would just leave it there or turn it in. Well, I believe that they didn't care for it if they left it there. Now that I think about it even more, there is no such thing as "forgot". It is just a nice way of saying... "Not caring for your personal items". I don't believe in distraction either, you're expensive belongings should be number one on your list to worry about.

There are also numerous ways to even prevent this from happening. Keep your camera around your neck at all time, put jewelry back in it's box, or rightful place, always do a double check of the room before leaving, and don't put your items on a towel, all you are saying by putting your camera on a towel is that "hey, come look at my great 1500 dollar camera, it's up for grabs!". My gosh, it's common sense.

And it's more like "shame on the people for losing it in the first place."

Wow! Are you for real:confused:

I will never cruise on a 3 or 4 day cruise again unless it were free. A number of years ago, I took a group of 18 on a cruise and lost two things:

my camera that was hanging off the back of my chair on the lido while I was eating breakfast and a jacket that was hanging in my closet in my room. At that time, the closet for long clothing was right beside the entry and did not have a door on it. My jacket has a great tropical pin on it that was given to me as a gift and the jacket was my "winter return" jacket. It was February and I live in Maine. I decided then that I would only do 7 night or longer because I felt like the people on a short cruise are all about the quick party action and not about the cruise. We spend a lot of money and a lot of time getting there and I won't do a short cruise again. I always think also, that if you have that criminal mind on a cruise stealing things, you probably have criminal minds thinking about other things--watch out for you children.

Wow! Are you for real:confused:

No kidding, Kurb. Who are they to decide if I think my stuff is valuable to me or not??? I happen to believe that people forget or get distracted, it does not mean that they do not value their items. So if I am at dinner I should hang my purse around my neck? Because according to that other poster if I value something it should be on my person ie hanging around my neck? Get real and quit justifying your theiving actions on other people.

No kidding, Kurb. Who are they to decide if I think my stuff is valuable to me or not??? I happen to believe that people forget or get distracted, it does not mean that they do not value their items. So if I am at dinner I should hang my purse around my neck? Because according to that other poster if I value something it should be on my person ie hanging around my neck? Get real and quit justifying your theiving actions on other people.

You act as if I'm saying, "leave your stuff there so I can steal it". I never said I was going to take anything, what I said was that I didn't care and that I felt no sympathy for the people that have ever lost or forgotten something. You and the others completely misunderstood what I said, and changed the words around, to make me look like some criminal who's out to steal someone's purse because they left it there.

So, let me repeat...I'm not here to steal anyone's belongings. I don't feel sorry for you if you lost something "valuable". All I was saying is that is value something take care of it.

So if I am at dinner I should hang my purse around my neck? Because according to that other poster if I value something it should be on my person ie hanging around my neck?

Don't be silly. If you simply have it surgically attached to your shoulder, that should take care of the problem. :D

I felt like the people on a short cruise are all about the quick party action and not about the cruise.

Not all of us. I do short cruises because that's the amount of time I have, and that's what sails out of the port most convenient to me. Though I am looking forward to a longer cruise one of these days :)

Archived