Buying Cigarettes--HELP!

rmwilbo

Carnival WILL let you take the cigarettes with you to your cabin at the time of purchases, no ifs, ands or BUTTS about it (pun intended) :D :D

Happy cruising everyone :)

Permission to board Capt???

Are you back or are you not the "original" Capt?

ok...I am confused:confused: Carnival does or does not let you take the cigs back to your room. Can anyone clear this up for me?

We were onj the CCL Liberty in June. We bought 2 cartons for our friend since we don't smoke. They put them in a bag and we took them back to the cabin.

Bill

I could be wrong, but I don't think there's any problem with purchasing cigs on board and taking them to your cabin. I think the problem is disembarking. As I recall, if you're going to disembark with more than 1000 cig's, you have to declare it.

I could be wrong, but I don't think there's any problem with purchasing cigs on board and taking them to your cabin. I think the problem is disembarking. As I recall, if you're going to disembark with more than 1000 cig's, you have to declare it.

ya just popped in an extra ZERO there, KC :D :D :D (it's actually 200 cigarettes and if I am not mistaken, even though the law is not strictly enforced, unless you really go overboard, you are not allowed to bring in more than 200 cigarettes, period! Anything over 200 is supposed to be confiscated, unlike booze you cannot pay duty/tax on the excess. That is the law as I know it, but I could stand corrected)

Happy cruising :)

ya just popped in an extra ZERO there, KC :D :D :D (it's actually 200 cigarettes and if I am not mistaken, even though the law is not strictly enforced, unless you really go overboard, you are not allowed to bring in more than 200 cigarettes, period! Anything over 200 is supposed to be confiscated, unlike booze you cannot pay duty/tax on the excess. That is the law as I know it, but I could stand corrected)

Happy cruising :)

You are close Captain. You may only bring back 200 cigarettes that were manufactured in the USA (re-importation). Anything more is to be confiscated. You can bring in more cigarettes if they were manufactured outside of the USA such as Canadian or European brands or even Marlboro if it was hecho en mexico. You will be libel for duty of course.

You can read more here: Tobacco is on page 20 of the PDF.

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/toolbox/publications/travel/knowbeforeyougo.ctt/knowbeforeyougo.pdf

Let me try helping one more time......

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Duty_Free_Allowance.aspx

You are allowed 5...yes I said 5 cartons of smokes from no matter where they are made if 4 of the 5 cartons are bought in the US Virgin Islands...If you do "not" visit the USVI's you are only allowed 1 carton...

Click on this Carnival FAQs (that means facts) site to learn more.....You my also bring back more booze than you think if you do it right...check this site...

Archived