Canada Weather

Booked on Dawn 11 day NE/Canada on 9/2/07. What temperatures should we expect? My DW is always cold and is thinking of taking Down (almost). I'm a firm believer in wearing shorts and short sleeves until summer is officially over.

I don't think you will find summer is "over" on this date... we did this itin. in mid-Sept and although it was warmer than usual in Sydney and Halifax (low 80s) the averages that close to August are still in 70s.. IMHO down would be way way too hot.. jeans maybe not and a windbreaker with a sweater packed for a cooler day or evening but that should be it.. I wore shorts at least twice on that cruise and didn't need a jacket onshore.

Booked on Dawn 11 day NE/Canada on 9/2/07. What temperatures should we expect? My DW is always cold and is thinking of taking Down (almost). I'm a firm believer in wearing shorts and short sleeves until summer is officially over.

We did this cruise last year after Labor Day and it was very warm. Shorts in Halifax. It was cool when we went to Acardia National Park, but only on the top.

Probably a sweatshirt will be fine.

Happy Cruising,

Monty

it is Canada and not July and Aug. You need a parka and toque. there will be 3 meters of snow and it will be -20C (sorry 9 feet and -20F). what were you thinking? your boat is going to get stuck in an ice flow. you will miss you plain and have to eat maple suryp and moose for the whole 10 months until the ice melts in July.

just kidding. Temps could be anywear from mid 50's to high 80's. prob closer to 70 and 80s if the last 5 yrs are indication. cooler nights, but warm days till mid Oct. Enjoy the colors!!!

Archived